Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
re: Dave31 scsw BoXer

Next I am going out to Red Rock and do some jumps, whoops all that fun stuff. Maybe even try the BoXer out at Pima Motocross Park on some practice laps.

Video still loading but should be done soon.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_p8zFZzrdAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_p8zFZzrdAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Man FR31, How many miles did you ride that day 40 or 50? Looked like fun! At parts I thought you were falling into one of those creves.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand

I looks like going over those rocks is like gliding on water.
You should charge those Jumps in downtown, where we ended the last rally.

That would be sweet.

Nice Vid

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Man FR31, How many miles did you ride that day 40 or 50? Looked like fun! At parts I thought you were falling into one of those creves.
I did just over 90 miles ran 1.5l tank empty and was just about empty on the other one....Now you know why I had to add the other tank lol.

I got about 42 miles out of the 1.5 and about 55 from the top bar tank.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

That would be sweet.

Nice Vid
I know better places then that, but yeah it would be cool. I know the BMX kids would get a kick out of the bike.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

That would be sweet.

Nice Vid
I don't know Tcams, after looking at some of my pics from that place I am getting too old to be going that high on a bicycle lol.

Attachments

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az

very nice, i have rode dirt bikes out there a few times, there is some cool stuff out there, keep it up man and i got to check this bike out sometime soon!!!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

David, Yeah, Sure, Too Old!! Lol. I Seem To Remember A Guy Trying Jumps With A Junk Yard Dog A Few Month`s Ago. Looked Like The Same Dirt Pile. Thanks For The Vids. Keep Up The Good Work. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

David, Yeah, Sure, Too Old!! Lol. I Seem To Remember A Guy Trying Jumps With A Junk Yard Dog A Few Month`s Ago. Looked Like The Same Dirt Pile. Thanks For The Vids. Keep Up The Good Work. Ron
Yeah, thats when I realized I am too old for that stuff anymore .duh.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Just a little over 400 miles on the boXer, doing very well with no major problems.

I do have some rear spokes that keep loosening up on me. I have tuned the wheel several times and after a few rides they are so loose they are just about ready to fall out. I think I am gonna have to take it to a bike shop with someone with more experience, don't want to ruin a wheel.

I have been having to adjust the chain often now. One problem is I am out of slack on the pedal chain to properly adjust the motor chain. If I add a link it's too long, if I add a half link it's too short. The motor chain has a link & a half link, but no matter what combination on both motor and pedal chain (half link, full link ect.) I cant seem to get both chains where I need them. Not too sure how to go about it anymore. Right now I am just running it with a little extra slack then I like on the motor chain.

But I am not gonna ride until I get the rear wheel squared away.

Went mud bugging it the other day, wanted to take pics and video but it was raining and did not want to ruin my camera. Still not having much luck with the law, I saw one MC cop turn around but I lost him between some buildings and alley before he could catch up to me. I went into a store and took my bike inside lol. He drove around for a few minutes looking for me.

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

FR, I run my power chain loose. That's why Dean decided to use that chain guide. My bike has about an inch of play on the power chain.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Thanks Easy Rider, that's about what I have now with the pedal chain super tight. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Yeah Goat, this bike is freaking awesome! As many as of you know I like to go on long adventurous rides. Many of the place's I would like to go are miles of nothing but dirt roads. And all though I have rode my other MB's on dirt roads that are 40-70 miles long. It really does a number on them and always worried in the back of my mind of something breaking and leaving me stranded miles from help. Not too mention the added maintenance after a long ruff dirt road.

But with the BoXer there is no worry, doing 40mph on a dirt road for 70+ miles is just another ride for it. Not to mention the suspension that soaks up all those bumps makes it a pleasure to ride all day long with no fatigue.

Unfortunately the TPD does not like it, I would like to just make it street legal and register it but so far I have not found a insurance company that will insure it. Not to mention the cost associated with registering it.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I found a insurance company that says they will insure the bike once I get a title.

I have gone down to the DMV and got nothing but the run around. Trying to title and register it as a moped. 50cc or less, 1.5hp and top speed of 25mph. One guy told me that it can't be done, then a lady said all I need is a bill of sale. And another said all I need is a class 1 inspection. So I paid the $5 to have it inspected and the guy would not do it? I am confused. Can't get a straight answer from anybody, either they dont know or they just want to fight me every step.

I am thinking about going to one of those title places and see if they can help me out.

EDIT* The inspection guy said he would inspect it, but it would do me no good?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I just got off the phone with the az dmv, they said just take to my local dmv and have it inspected ugggggggg :rolleyes:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I just got off the phone again with the DMV...and now more confused ugggg....

Apparently we can register our MB for $8, no title issued only registration. AZ does not issue titles to mopeds. Now AZ law says 50cc or below is a moped. But just right now they said 50cc and above is a motorcycle?

So I guess I will go down to the DMV again and tell them it's a 48 or 49cc if they will believe me and register my bike for $8. But, according to the lady I just spoke to I still have to ride the bike lanes and keep the 20mph speed limit. Thats fine with me as long as having it registered keeps the heat off me.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

That's right FR31, As long as the fuzz is off your back. Riding 20ish mph isn't too bad but you can still rip it up in the dirt and track! Fuzz free brnot

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Nope! They did not go for it. The inspector said that I would have to title and register it as a motorcycle. Can't afford that. But I bet if I had a different inspector I would get a totally different answer.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson

since a moped doesn't have a title, you can't get a "special construction" title like a handbuilt motorcycle would. maybe if you got a MSO from where you bought it, the mvd would assign you a vin for a moped. i had to give a manufacturors statement of origin with a harley frame i built. i built one frame only, as an individual not a business.
you could do it for that bike with some made up company even, they just want to see something documented on the right kind of paper, font, info etc.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I am sure there is a way to do it, I just need to figure out how and find the right person at the DMV.

Went for a nice little cruise today, passed a few fuzz but they paid no attention. Man I need to get the street tires back on for the street. My speedometer stopped working and my rear lite mount broke today. I also almost took a fall making a sharp corner, good thing I am so good and I saved it :rolleyes:

Attachments