check out this transmission

GoldenMotor.com

schwallyjdog

Feb 11, 2009
Bellevue Ohio
I remembered an article from a popular science and looked up. It is on a bike called the ride and it's made by Ellsworth bikes. I don't know how to give any links but it has an infinite gear ratio. The rear hub has ball bearings that roll at varying angles between two discs to change the gear ratio. It is a three grand bike but an awesome idea that was thought of by leonardo da Vinci. Check into it and think what it could do for mb's.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I remembered an article from a popular science and looked up. It is on a bike called the ride and it's made by Ellsworth bikes. I don't know how to give any links but it has an infinite gear ratio. The rear hub has ball bearings that roll at varying angles between two discs to change the gear ratio. It is a three grand bike but an awesome idea that was thought of by leonardo da Vinci. Check into it and think what it could do for mb's.
It amazes me that Leonardo still has a impact in our lives hundreds of years later. One can only wonder what was in his head the he didn't put on paper...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Tesla was THE MAN. He invented radio before Marconi. He did a lot of good things, but the govt. was afraid of him....for instance, they blew up "Radio City" (yes, that one) because they thought he was communicating with the nazi's (he wasn't).

Sorry, getting OT.

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Hope I'm not OT either, but Tesla was a real man of vision. BTW Bikeguy were you at that Tesla get together several years ago in your area? I was with the guy that shrunk quarters to the size of a dime. I would like to build a motor assisted bike using a Tesla theme. Maybe someday.