micargi puma gts newbie build

GoldenMotor.com

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
No that wasn't me. I mainly ride on Monterey between roeder/Chenoweth and old Tully by the fairgrounds and I have my vta uniform on. I've seen a few mbs.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
At least you've got full compression again, that's kinda nice. I've got to engineer a semi temporary mount for my little banana pipe, til I get a little change together for the SBP pipe. I'll have to go back and stare at your pictures, and hope you post a few more, so I can possibly emulate your greatness, (copy you, because yer a bit ahead of me lol) and keep my exhaust from doing the tinky tinky dance across the pavement.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Lol, everything! I love drooling over your bike! I'm kinda hoping I can route the exhaust straight down and back, underneath the bike, but I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work out. I haunt this thread and all across the web for inspiration and ideas. Now that it's "done" I see just how easy it really was, the only real difference is in motor mount hub adapter and chain path. I've noticed my chain is rubbing just a bit on the top of my clutch cover, right beneath the bolt. Luckily this Dax block has a lot of extra material in that exact spot.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I'll try to take some new pictures. I tried routing the exhaust like how you describe but I felt the way I did it, it flowed the best and looked "right". Note that I think about it I never checked this motor for chain rubbing, I'll have to take my cover off and inspect and get the dremal out.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I changed back to the 65 jet and got all my power back and was doing 30mph. I need to get a different clamp for the air filter cause it keeps pushing it off the carb.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I was coming home from work today and everything was going great at about 30mph then all of a sudden I feel a burst of power so I knew something was up. I looked down and my air filter came off. I quick let off the throttle and turned the motor off and had to do a quick roadside repair with my key as a screwdriver. It worked but now I need to figure something out to keep it on there. I did like the burst of power though, it was like it hit a nitrous button.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Today I swapped my air filter with a uni foam filter I had lying around from my brothers old ruckus. I had to cut the filter off the rubber boot and I clamped the foam onto the carb. Fit great but wow what a difference in performance. Right away it turned over allot easier and it had way more power than before. Was going 30mph with ease and topped out at 38mph. The had felt warm, I was able to touch it and not get burned so I think I'm ok temp wise but I'll get a new plug and see how it's running. The stock filter that came with the motor was really holding it back. I'm pretty sure it would've gone 40 if I didn't back off the throttle. The low end torque was great too. Overall it was way faster with the uni filter. I'll get some pics later on.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca

Here's the pic of my filter. The zip tie is just to hold the prefilter on, it's not necessary but it's just insurance. It's I tight fit but it fits and the foam compresses anyways. Next is to get a new plug and see if it's lean or not. I can't tell from the old plug.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I braised my exhaust pipe together cause I didn't want to deal with hose clamps and hose that deteriorates, plus now I can wrap the whole pipe for a cleaner look. I also gutted my headlight and replaced the switch and put in a car led bulb and I'm gonna run it off a 3s Lipo 11.1v. It's much brighter now but have to reinforce the mount. It's never done but sure is fun.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
One of my braised joints failed. I didn't do it right so I'll just use a hose and clamps on that joint. Everything else on the bike is working great I just have to figure out the exhaust. I'm getting top speed of about 38mph which to me is plenty fast. I cruise at 30 and it gets up to top speed pretty quick and the motor isn't getting hot enough to burn me so I'm not too concerned that it's running lean.I'll still have to check the plug but it's running nice, no 4 stroking and good overall power.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Update. Its been running great. Even though its been cold its been starting up pretty good with no choke. I have a little over 300 miles on my dax little devil motor and it has a lot of power all through the power band. I have almost 600 miles on my bike and this bike has had a motor since day one of its life. It gets up to cruising speed in a hurry. I cruise at 30mph and i don't go much faster than 35mph. It tops out at about 38mph but I never go that fast. I've been having a ton of fun riding and wrenching on this bike. I get tons of looks on it, I've had people offer to buy it or have me build them one but I refuse both.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Way to go, with all the trials and erase you have had, wouldn't sell it either. At least till you build another, better one. Glad you finally got all the bugs out.............Curt

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I don't plan on building another but I'll see how that goes. I finally pulled my plug to check it and its a nice paper bag color so I'm not gonna worry about tuning it any further or adding any speed parts since I'm getting the speed I want and its running great. If it ain't broke don't fix it right.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Good to hear Motakitty! Murder has been on a back burner for several months while I've been working. I've got my labor help trained to pick me up in the morning, so the bike hasn't been the vital key to transportation that it was before.
Still working on modifying my SBP pipe kit. I'll be using the expansion chamber and the universal phlange with a piece of 3\4in copper pipe for my header. I still need me, the bike, and the proper sized conduit bender in the same place at the same time.

Glad to hear your bike is running well, keep it shiny side up.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Thank you to all who have helped me. This site has been great. I've ordered a nylon braided fuel hose to use on my exhaust pipe on the broken braised joint. I'm fine with having my pipe in two pieces anyhow. The hose is rated for up to 305°f and of course for gas and oil and is steel reinforced so it should hold up. I mean the heater hose I'm using right now is rated for less heat and no gas and its holding up so the fuel line should be fine. I have to sand my header flange flat too cause I think its warped slightly from me braising the joints cause its leaking like the titanic. There's always something to do. Oh I also have to fix my side mirror cause I broke it when I dropped my bike. Luckily that was the only damage.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Well the fuel hose I bought didn't fit. Oh well I'll just keep using heater hose and replace as needed. I blocked both the header and block and they weren't perfectly flat before but should be good now. I inspected the gasket and it was leaking on both sides. I'll have to go for a ride and see how it is now.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
My cousin's gonna paint some pictures on my engine clutch cover, magneto cover, and drive chain cover. Not sure what he's gonna do but will probably involve skulls and tree limbs. I kinda let him do whatever he wants since I think he's an awesome painter. Not sure when it'll be done but I'll post up pictures when it is.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca

My cousin drew a couple pictures on my covers. I think they should hold up. I haven't gotten many chances to ride in a while with my new work schedule but that's gonna change.