Has any one sleeved there cyliner to a bigger size Piston

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Not that I'm aware of, I follow the progress of such unique mods very closely. However don't let that stop you. Get plating that will handle chrome rings, as most of the rings I can find are chromed.

I'd be wary of the larger piston though. The pistons included in our engines are already fairly light compared to others, a larger piston will weigh more and your engine balance will change, most likely for the worse as (most of) the cranks are designed for 48cc engines. This means your piston assembly needs to be lighter, not heavier, to reduce vibrations and ride in a comfortable range.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
If it were me I think I would hunt for a bigger, cylinder/head/piston head off of something else and then adapt it to your crankcase. Of course you'd need a similar stroke.

If you find a piston the right diameter it might not have the right pin to top of piston distance so that would have to be dealt with. With a bigger sleeve you'd have a bunch of port work to do, aluminum part of cylinder might weaken too much after being bored out.

Last edited:

Commander Billypool

Nov 30, 2014
Citrus Springs Fl.
Answer #1 NO, Answer # 2 as follows .Punch out a block of billet aluminum add the desired bore cut in the intake and exhaust in the billet along with the bolt holes needed to attach exclude porting outside that needed to run the setup. It would be a good idea to cut a one piece crankshaft out of billet two piece connecting rod as well. Yeah better build a steel bracket to mount both the engine and the crankshaft after said and done.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Bert Rod down in Miami is the only one I know of selling sleeved jugs.
And they ain't cheap.
Good stuff never is.