I got bored

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
So I combined two of the weed eater engines. I took the jug from the one that ran good before I banged on it with a hammer, (Dont ask) then I stuck the ring from the piston onto the piston from the one that would not drag start. I made a cardboard gasket, (I know stupid) to got between the crank and the jug.

Put the pull start back on put a little gas down the throat and ran it. It has a knock. I'm not sure if it had a knock before and it's just normal or if I have done something to it. I have one more engine I haven't distroyed yet. I guess I'll go crank on it to see if it sounds the same.

I know i need a tail gasket, a real one.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think what sounds like a knock might just be the compression sound. It not as pronounced in the older engine but it has the same rythem.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Your was the one that would line start and run out. If I put a load on it, it would not start. Your piston was coated with carbon and the jug was scared a bit. I cleaned the piston not sure if that was a good idea, Put the ring from the newer engine on it and the cylinder as well. I poured a little gas in it last night and it runs. I need to hook up a gas tank and try it again to see if it will continue to run.

I'm not in a giant hurry to see if I have screwed it up beyond hope lol. Just messin around cause I was bored.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Help>>>

Okay there is gas pouring out of the carb. Naturally it won't start again but I have had it running before that happened.

Can the engine be run without the two line gas flow. In other words can I just use a gravity feed to that carb... Why is gas running through the carb? It is a diaphram carb i'm sure. does it mean the diaphram is gone? Do I have the wrong line hooked up or is it just not going to work and I have to go back to the old two line with a bulb fuel system.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
your needle in the carb is stuck or has crap holding it open the diaphragm might be holed out. these pumper carbs have a needle/seat just like the float carbs.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'll see what I can find tomorrow. Tell me can you convert these things to gravity feed and get rid of the two line gas tank thingie,