WTB: Sportsman flyer gas tank for worksman

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Liking the last picture, are those your manufacture?
Thanks! Yep, those are my forks. 5" width between the legs to swing the 21" motorcycle tires were running. All bronze bushings throughout and sometimes I add the friction shock absorber, too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We promote our work,our builds, others builds, vendors and they're products everything about this forum is about Promotion never should we un-fairly demote others based on our own opinions of a comment made on a post or thread unless we have ABSOLUTE FACTUAL EVIDENCE to the contrary and only then with dignity for our self and others should it presented.

I don't care what you may disguise it to sound like it, it is still a rant, a complaint is warranted when someone has been unfairly taken advantage of, abused, stolen from, deceived or defrauded during a purchase, when a personal injury occurs, for a faulty product or a character deformation.

Promotion is what this Forum was designed for, Promotion not character assassination of someone, c'mon guys lets call a horse a horse and not a elephant, this kind of antic is what is referred to as cyber bully'ing, it does not promote inteligence, professionalism, respect of any shape size or form either directed toward someone or coming from someone and cannot be sanely justified
If you're referring to promoting any business, vendor or advertising you are absolutely WRONG! This forum was conceived, designed and offered free to the members to gain and share knowledge about building, riding and enjoying the hobby of motorized bicycles.

In fact promotion of a business is way down on the list of reasons this forum exists. Yes, we have paying sponsors and the advertising revenue generated from them helps offset the cost of running this free forum so you and the others don't have to pay to be a part of it.

Personally as a long time staff member I resent the implication that this forum exists for the purpose of promotion, unless you're talking about the hobby as a whole. In that case I apologise for this rant but an explanation would be expected.

Tom

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If you're referring to promoting any business, vendor or advertising you are absolutely WRONG! This forum was conceived, designed and offered free to the members to gain and share knowledge about building, riding and enjoying the hobby of motorized bicycles.

In fact promotion of a business is way down on the list of reasons this forum exists. Yes, we have paying sponsors and the advertising revenue generated from them helps offset the cost of running this free forum so you and the others don't have to pay to be a part of it.

Personally as a long time staff member I resent the implication that this forum exists for the purpose of promotion, unless you're talking about the hobby as a whole. In that case I apologise for this rant but an explanation would be expected.

A vendor is promoted every time some one makes an inquire about where to get a tank, frame, wheel set, throttle control assembly, complete bike and or a roling chasis , vendor promotion does exist here and I like it! I have NO! problem with it that's part of the reason why I and others come to this forum, to find vendors, informational inquiries , a search for mechanical knowledge, and share what we love to do with our bikes and in the M/B community weather it be a vendor build or private build and I certainly did not imply that this forums sole existence or #1 purpose is for vendor exploits I simply and plainly said that it is a part of this forums function in one way or another for example here are some inquiry questions made by members and new comers.........
Where can I get a tank ? Who makes a BTR frame ? Where did you get those wheels ?, How can I get one of those seats ? Those peddles are cool who sells em ?
answers......
You can get em through ? They cost this much at ? I bought one through ? I paid this much at ? So & So sold them to me ? this guy or that guy makes and sells them ? I bought mine from ?

Man this forum has all the answers to anyone's questions about M/B's (well 99.9% of the time)

Sorry! If you feel I have stepped on your toes 2Door in any way shape or form, yer one of those people I am referring to when it comes to the promotion for knowledge and for that you have just been promoted (LOL!)
Sorry! to burglarize yer thread Pat Please! continue, you look busy

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
A vendor is promoted every time some one makes an inquire about where to get a tank, frame, wheel set, throttle control assembly, complete bike and or a roling chasis , vendor promotion does exist here and I like it! I have NO! problem with it that's part of the reason why I and others come to this forum, to find vendors, informational inquiries , a search for mechanical knowledge, and share what we love to do with our bikes and in the M/B community weather it be a vendor build or private build and I certainly did not imply that this forums sole existence or #1 purpose is for vendor exploits I simply and plainly said that it is a part of this forums function in one way or another for example here are some inquiry questions made by members and new comers.........
Where can I get a tank ? Who makes a BTR frame ? Where did you get those wheels ?, How can I get one of those seats ? Those peddles are cool who sells em ?
answers......
You can get em through ? They cost this much at ? I bought one through ? I paid this much at ? So & So sold them to me ? this guy or that guy makes and sells them ? I bought mine from ?

Man this forum has all the answers to anyone's questions about M/B's (well 99.9% of the time)

Sorry! If you feel I have stepped on your toes 2Door in any way shape or form, yer one of those people I am referring to when it comes to the promotion for knowledge and for that you have just been promoted (LOL!)
Sorry! to burglarize yer thread Pat Please! continue, you look busy
Wow, quite an explanation there, Truckd. Looks like you got it all figured out. I guess I just don't get it and you obviously do. I'm done with this thread.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Trukd, I don't think anyone (me included) has a problem with you letting people know who built your bike, or even recommending Taylor when a relevant question is asked. However I personally feel its irritating and a violation of rules to promote a builder 24/7 even when a member hasn't even asked for such advice, especially a builder who is not even a sponsor on this page.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As there seems to be some confusion regarding "promotion" here on this forum, let me help clarify by stating there are three types of promotion we (the staff) tend to refer to;

Commercial/business promotion
Product promotion
Self promotion

If the intent is profit motivated, ie - the member is attempting to gain monies, goods or services by utilizing our site, that's "advertising" and must be confined to our 'Swap and Shop' section.

If the intent is assistance and the member is not affiliated with the business or product in any way, that's "advice" and is one of the primary points of this forum and is permissible, even encouraged in any section.

It does get tricky sometimes, we can't always tell the intent of a member or their affiliations and a "profit motivation" could be as indirect as constant product/business recommendations in the possible hope of reduced pricing or favor from that business. While this is a gray area and there may be no profit incentive - if the recommendations are fairly constant and unasked for it starts to fall into the category of advertising regardless of any potential profit to that member.

It's all been explained in our rules as well as the thread Attention Vendors;

We as staff on the leading forum for motorized bicycle discussion are constantly inundated by seemingly endless attempts to promote product. These range the full gamut, from spambots to well meaning individuals with a unique, crafted item, from blatant advertising campaigns to quiet mentions in our 'Swap and Shop' section. We allow sponsorship, custom titles for vendors, links to business websites in signatures and even encourage tech support when a member encounters a problem with a product.

This does not mean it's the point of the forum, nor is it this site's philosophy - which is the free and open exchange of any and all information pertaining to motorized bicycles and their use.

We do not wish to penalize those whom would provide goods and services relevant to our activity, far from it - we do our best to encourage such diversity as it benefits the entire community, having vendors as active members provides vital information for both the consumer and merchant alike through solid feedback, real world experiences and reputation, resulting the overall advancement of the technology, knowledgeable and informed purchases, the betterment of the experience for all.

In many ways we've not dissimilar goals, both the ethical businessman and this forum are striving to help others by providing all we can - the difference being of course profit.

As our intent is to provide a place for the exchange of as much free and unbiased information as possible, the experiences of our members, their innovations and creativity, even just the sheer enjoyment of it all - financially profiting from such is a conflict of interest, even the advertisements, the forum sponsorship is simply to help defer server costs and related expenses such as tech support and software upgrades as well as helping to provide choices for our member base and assist the small business. Like many forums, the staff are all volunteers.

We simply cannot know the intent of those whom would wish to financially gain from our members, as above - they range from the best of intentions to outright scams. We cannot allow our forum to be dominated by commercial intent, nor do we wish to assume all have only that in mind. In the interest of fairness to the vendor and to help resolve the inherent conflict of interest we limit self promotion to our 'Swap and Shop' section, this helps ensure the main forum is predominantly for the personal experiences of our members, unbiased by a profit interest yet also providing a place for the vendor to promote his business name, products offered and related discussion with the member base.

As a result each and every attempt at self promotion is reviewed by staff and moved, edited or deleted as necessary at the discretion of that staff member. Although any staff action can be discussed and we actively encourage such via Private Messages with that or any other staff member, even reported if it's felt necessary - the rule that all commercial self promotion is restricted to our 'Swap and Shop' section is not a debatable subject. If you cannot abide by our rules, feel free to forgo the exposure and find another place to advertise.
http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=78267&postcount=1
4. No spamming
This one does bear some additional explanation despite it's apparent simplicity. While the primary focus is on the blatant and unrelated advertising "spam" so common on the internet - such posts get immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned without warning by the way, this also includes obvious self-promotion in the interest of selling any product - even motorized bicycle related. The exception to this would be our Swap And Shop subforum.

Should you have a product to promote or something to sell, that's the place for it - even if you're not an "official" dealer or vendor. We don't mind helpful tips and links to products you think superior, in fact even encourage it - but it's often obvious someone is simply soliciting. What constitutes excessive marketing and/or promotion is at the staff's discretion and may be moved/edited/deleted as necessary, forum sponsor or not - this holds true for all.

In truth - you may be far better off posting such things in 'Swap and Shop' - it is after all where people look when they wish to buy something, so don't get offended if you find a thread moved there. If you find a post edited or deleted - again, Private Message any staff member to clarify before getting irate about it, we are after all doing our very best to make this a fun and helpful place for everyone including working with you to ascertain what the problem was.
http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=151549&postcount=2

As is the case with anything, the staff is always here to help in any way we can - if you are unsure of the site's policies or feel the forum's rules are being broken, please feel free to Private Message any of our staff and/or report the post in question which notifies all staff of that post and whatever message you include.

Last edited: