GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

1dave1

Nov 29, 2012
San Diego
Hi guys, here is a letter I just wrote to the guy at motovelo.us

Dear Aydin Ozan,

A few months ago I purchased a kit off your website. The moment I opened the box I saw something was wrong. The engine had dents and scratches on it, as did nearly every other part of the kit. The clutch lever had a part on that was so pinched it ended up stripping the wire and the clutch fell apart. I was forced to purchase a new clutch lever and new clutch cable. When I attempted to access the crankshaft, I found the bolt was gouged out. I called you and you sounded surprised but nicely agreed to pay for a machine shop to fix it. I didn't hold you to that even though I should have. After all these problems, the engine is now essentially burned out. Now, anything above 10 mph it loses nearly all power. To make it worse, it appears this is not the first time you have done this. I say that because there are other people complaining on the internet that you have done the same thing. However, the one huge major difference between them and me is that I am a licensed attorney. Which brings me to my next point...

I'm will be filing a small claims complaint against you and motovelo, in the district court of San Diego on Monday requesting $2,000 in damages. My calculation is as follows....$260 for direct damages (the cost of the kit) $200 incidental damages (the cost of repairs), $400 in consequential damages (my time spent repairing the kit) and $1,140 in punitive damages (to punish you for breaching warranty). I picked up the forms today after work and made sure the forum is proper, it is. If you fail to come to San Diego to defend yourself, I will have default judgement entered against you and I will collect that way. After I file suit, I'm going to contact my friend who works at the attorney generals office in the consumer relief program and let them know that you, and your company are not only breaching warranties, but illegally shipping motors in California that do not meet CARB regulation standards. They will investigate my claim right away. I promise. When they do, you and your company will be shut down. You will also likely be fined somewhere in the ball park of $10,000. Not 100% sure on that but I'm 1005 sure that California takes its emissions regulations seriously. I'm estimating the above will take me around 1 hour max. I think I can do it all on my lunch break Monday.

However, I talked to you on the phone and you seemed like a nice guy. I'd also like to think this thing was a big accident and that those other people are mistaken. For those two reasons, I'm considering giving you a way out. If you refund my paypal account $300 by midnight on Sunday I will not take the above mentioned actions. Oh, and a word of advice, if you don't refund my account, I highly recommend shutting down your website because if you don't, the assistant attorney general's job will be way too easy.

I hate for it to come to this, but if you think I'm bluffing/joking/lying, try me.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
As an attorney, you ought to know better than to buy illegal items over the internet.

You are supposed to ship them to NV or AZ and re-ship to yourself - :)

Good luck.

1dave1

Nov 29, 2012
San Diego
Hey ****** bag. I just want a refund of my money or the product I ordered and paid for. I also don't want him to rip off other people. If standing up for myself and other naive people means that I'm "starting all that crap" so be it.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
when i bough my kit,after researching i knew exactly what i was getting into.prepare yourself for disappointment.
the supplier did no wrong,he sold what is a cheap chinese engine kit.
best you should expect is a replacement engine,thats all i would expect if i was in your situation.
my chain failed,broke my case.is the supplier responsible for it??
perhaps i rolled a stone through the sprocket,whose fault is that? the f'ing tire manufacturer?
first guy that wants to sue me ,will find me on his doorstep.

mind you ,i dont have very high regards for lawyers to begin with.
real men dont need lawyers......

1dave1

Nov 29, 2012
San Diego
So, you think being an attorney is not an honorable profession? Really...Whats your job? Please tell me. I'd say being a lawyer in San Diego beats flipping burgers at in & out in Culver city. You need a life my friend.

I know my letter to him seemed harsh but this guy is a true con artist. He is pretty skilled to. People like him need to run into people like me so people like us are safe. Tad wordy but whatever. haha. peace.

1dave1

Nov 29, 2012
San Diego
when i bough my kit,after researching i knew exactly what i was getting into.prepare yourself for disappointment.
the supplier did no wrong,he sold what is a cheap chinese engine kit.
best you should expect is a replacement engine,thats all i would expect if i was in your situation.
my chain failed,broke my case.is the supplier responsible for it??
perhaps i rolled a stone through the sprocket,whose fault is that? the f'ing tire manufacturer?
first guy that wants to sue me ,will find me on his doorstep.

mind you ,i dont have very high regards for lawyers to begin with.
real men dont need lawyers......

You are missing the whole point, maybe I was not clear. The kit was used and beat to **** before I took it out of the box. This guy rode it up and down the streets of santa barbara for a few years, then when I gave him $260, he took it off, cleaned it a tad, and shipped it to me. That is called breach of warranty, but then again, real men probably aren't aware of terms like that.

So, to answer your question, if a stone comes through the sprocket while I'm riding my bike, thats my fault. And I will be getting a replacement engine.

Basically, I posted this for one reason, so people won't by this guys kits.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I believe the points have been made for both sides here. To keep it from escalating any further this thread is closed. Sorry, but I see it only going downhill from this point.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.