Please help me on my 1st build

GoldenMotor.com

Biker Dalton

Aug 29, 2010
Jersey Shore
Hi, well I'm still working on my chopper, just finished welding it all together last night, my 1st question is my back tire size is 20", should I use a 24 tooth sprocket to get the speed need? 2nd question, I am replacing the stock carb with a cns-carb. should I dial it in right with the new pipes or should I stick with the stock pipes before I replace them? What should I do?

scratg

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
To dial it in correctly the new pipe should be on too. If you jet it for the stock pipe then put something like a SBP expansion chamber on it you might have to re-jet again because of the increased air flow the new pipe will generate. An aftermarket air filter also increases air flow so if your planning on one I would get that on too.

:)

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
BTW, you'll defo need to adj the fuel/air, but a rejet is unlikely to be needed w/the CNS...

I'm running an expansion chamber on a ported 66cc and a "high flow" filter on my CNS @ sea level, a rejet wasn't needful ;)

Biker Dalton

Aug 29, 2010
Jersey Shore
r00t4rd3d, BarelyAWake and Venice Motor Bikes...thanks so much for all your info....cant wait to put the first coat of paint on it this week. My friend at his shop says this bike has nice clean lines....I dry fit the 34" forks.WOW its cooming alive. Will have so pic's real soon.

.shft.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I wouldn't waste my time with one of them CNS carbs either. A 18mm Mikuni carb is about the same price on ebay as the CNS/Racing carbs and alot better product with parts and jets easily obtainable.

I havent got to the carb upgrading yet but when I do its gonna be a Mikuni for sure. With one of them fancy and shinny MM intakes with an oring sealer on it.

:)

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If I were buying aftermarket parts, I too would suggest the mikuni, 16 or 18 mm over the CNS, but that's just because I know the Mikuni to be an excellent carb once set up properly.