keyed ignition

GoldenMotor.com

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
You would just cut the blue wire from the motor so you have two ends. Then one blue to one white and one blue to one white. Like an inline fuse it would work

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
I don't know how to make a link to e-bay, but here is the item number of a switch that has cooler looking keys. It is the same one I used on my bike, it has 2 sets of contacts.
Item number: 370200032345

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
With all the wires exposed to the outside world what is the point? It would take less than a minute to bypass the key switch. You still have to lock it up or they'll take off with it even if it is just pedaling. You gain nothing by adding the key. Just a thought.

brnot

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
I don't know how to make a link to e-bay, but here is the item number of a switch that has cooler looking keys. It is the same one I used on my bike, it has 2 sets of contacts.
Item number: 370200032345
can you send me a piuc of what it looks like because i am really really confused,there are 3 wires from the engine, blue black and white, white goes to yellow for kill switch, blue and black go to blue and black i think thats the ignition so wouldnt i be looking to one with 2 wires?.duh..duh.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Hey Mikee, the white wire from the engine does not go to the kill switch. I believe that the black from engine connects to the black from your spark plug box. Then the blue from the engine connects to the blue from your spark plug box. If you just make those connections the bike will run, but the kill switch won't work. To make the kill switch work, put one wire from the kill switch in with the black wire connection and the other wire from the kill switch in with the blue wire connection. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
The switch that I gave the auction number for has two sets of contacts. One set makes contact when the key is turned on, and the other set breaks contact when the key is turned on. You would just use one set, and you would have another set spare to use for something else. (lights?)

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
i have mine set up from kill to white wire, and thats what the instructions said, im looking for an ignition with 2 wires one for the blue and one for the black.duh.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
I believe that you would want a switch that would make contact when you turn the key on. To wire it in you would seperate your blue wires and connect one blue wire to a switch wire. Then connect the other blue wire to the other switch wire. P.S. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the directions. You can get much more/better/easier to understand info right here on the forum.

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
wait yours has a little plug at the end what does that do? and will the key start it or will it make it able to start?

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
The switch is actually for a pocket bike and the little plug would plug into the factory wiring of the pocket bike. I have mine wired in just like the kill switch wiring that I described in post #12 of this thread. I chose the set of contacts that make connection when the key is turned off. So if I turn my key off, the contacts close and ground out the blue wire to the spark plug box. This is just like hitting the kill button. TO start the bike, you must turn the key on, thereby causing the keyswitch contacts to open so that the blue wire is no longer grounded out. Then the bike can be started and will run untill you turn the key back off.

Last edited: