where do I get a morini motor?

GoldenMotor.com

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
too much money for me. whats the fastest anybody has gone on one of these? one guy says he does 48mph. i think i could do that on a $75 china motor.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliatic
how fast can you go? what makes this motor worth 6 or 7 china motors?

It will last over 6 or 7 times longer than a HT

It is made in Italy with proper materials and assembly.

Blue-prints and docs are availalable

It is a 10,000+ RPM design

It is designed by Itialian engineers

Centrifiigal clutch

Over double the power output, even with the entry level unit

Kick start

I could go on...

Anyway to get a HT over 40 you need mods, a bigger carb and pipe.

Then you will have to run it over reved, scuffing up or wearing down jugs and pistons every 6 months or so.
Thats if the crank and bearings hold up, and don't disintergrate leaving you stranded with a pile of shattered red hot chinese pot metal... Tiny needle rollers scattered thoughout the whole mess.

Last edited:

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
My mate has a little moped with a centrufigal clutch, and I think it's awesome. Is it the sameo n this bike? Rip the pull start to get the engine going, then when you slow right down the clutch releases itself?

w31john

Jan 4, 2008
san jose ca
Quote:

Centrifiigal clutch

Kick start

I could go on...

Then you will have to run it over reved, scuffing up or wearing down jugs and pistons every 6 months or so.
Thats if the crank and bearings hold up, and don't disintergrate leaving you stranded with a pile of shattered red hot chinese pot metal... Tiny needle rollers scattered thoughout the whole mess.
I am not a speed demon, I just love ridding these bikes. I am a big guy at 290lb, all I can say is that this is a very smooth and reliable motor. I have it geared to pull me at 25 to 30 with some backup power, any faster than that get a motorcycle. my friends have used and abused these motors and they keep on running better than new.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Quote:

Centrifiigal clutch

Kick start

I could go on...

Let's not forget being stranded many miles from home...priceless.
Like John said: We beat the living turd out of our motors and they keep getting stronger and faster.

superbob

Mar 7, 2011
Florida
i think a nice semi-truck engine would be good for one of those. just lay the walmart bike in the street and let a Peterbuilt run it over.
Hey! I'm doing my first build right now with a Schwinn cruiser from WalMart! It's a good looking ride! I'll take 500.00 for it right now!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I got a S5 E in fantastic shape off of eBay for $285 shipped. It's off of a pitbke, low HP around 3 or so. Gotta watch the ones with higher HP and the 2 clutch pad clutch. Overpower them and they just come apart then you get to spend a lot on a new 3 pad clutch and drum. The drums are not interchangeable and the parts are expensive.

There was a motor on eBay posted here for $150 a while back. It was in pretty rough shape but it did look to be the higher HP version with reeds instead of piston ported like mine. I think it would have taken more than the $135 difference I paid for mine to get it running, though. Be paitent. With the winter I think dealer stocks will be replenished and there's always keeeping an eye on eBay. Don't just look for Morini motors. They were used on many bikes like KTM, LEM, Aprilia, Cobra, Italijet and a lot more. You just need to educate yourself as to what went on what.

I really think the biggest thing to longevity is to get a 3 clutch pad motor and not overpowering a 2 clutch pad one if that's what you get :)