No more Morini's

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thats just the way it is...ITALIANS do it better as far as 2 strokes are concerned.
The larger Japanese 4 strokes and there Chinese clones are large, heavy and dont "look" right when frame mounted.
I've built and ridden both for many years.
We need to move forward and forsake the gasoline burning engine, local laws are catching up with us and soon now the authority's will crack down hard on our sport.
From now on I build only electrics, dual 48v, 20ah brick batteries, dual 1000w hub motors front and rear and a 50 amp "smart" controller circuit with stronger regenerative capabilities, the set up makes China dolls look primitive and Morinis look like steam engines and best of all they are silent.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS VELOCITY!

FR
Having had some experience with dc brushless motors, I know they can rock but the fact is it will be AT LEAST 5 times as expensive as a two or four stroke engine, and the price difference will remain for many years yet. This is why I'm gassing instead of pushing electrons.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Having had some experience with dc brushless motors, I know they can rock but the fact is it will be AT LEAST 5 times as expensive as a two or four stroke engine, and the price difference will remain for many years yet. This is why I'm gassing instead of pushing electrons.
I'm with you on that one. Hopefully it will be like the prices of flat screen LCD or Plasma TVs. They were over a few thousand bucks when they first came out. Now you can get the same one for $500. Plus you know battery and controller technology will be better and cheaper in a few years.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I would say the 5.8hp & 9hp air-cooled and as well as the 11hp h2o cooled motors. All of these motors does not come with the pipe or linkage.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Do any of them have Auto clutches in them?
All the Morini's I know of are Auto clutch. There are no hand clutches.

I really hope that was your question and that I didn't get the wrong idea about your question.

There have been quite a few discussions here in the Morini forum on setting the two different factory clutchs. I'm converting mine from the two pad clutch to the three pad version, it's just a more reliable piece.

I have seen shifter 50cc motors but the price on them puts a Morini to shame. Some of the exotic motors are putting out 25 HP:eek:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Nice ride! Is it a smoother reving engine than a china kit?
Yep :)

They were balanced at the factory and not just parts slapped together. Thousands of Morinis have gone over 10,000 miles with no problems. There are 20 year old dirt bikes that still hang with the new ones.

Solid motors.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Ohh do tell. :)
I'm always on the look out for sweet motors that can put out some good HP
I saw a video on youtube on the construction of a 6 speed shifter 50 cc Gran Prix motor. The company name was "seven" as it was cast into the magneto cover. I think it's output is 15 HP.

There are others, I'll remember them in the next few days...maybe. :p