Heelo from NoCal!

GoldenMotor.com

petrochico

Oct 12, 2011
No Cal
New guy from Chico, Ca here. I bought a 'assembled 4 stroke bike ' from a sponsor on this great site. I do have a few questions I need answered:
How do I take off the black cover on the gear box, it has 4 black plastic buttons on it.
The chain sometimes 'brushes' the rear tire, my fix is to move the 'tension assembly' over a wee bit. Yes, the motor is tight to the frame per directions from the 'builder'.
I have noticed bright metal fillings on the external gear area of the gear box. Why?
AND: sometimes the gear box makes a 'bell' sound while warming it up.
Yes I know I should contact the 'builder', but in the past their communication has been very poor.
Great fun to ride though! I just need a little help from you folks.
Thanks.........Kevin:-||

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Chain tension is a concern always.

What kind of gear is on the wheel if you don't mind.

If it is one of those which sandwich on the spokes then it could be miss-aligned.

However, this is a hobby of hands on. It's on us to maintain our safety and yes you will get into your bike modifications.

I am looking at building a new chain tensioner. My chain runs within an inch from the tire side-wall and i would like to improve the tracking of the chain travel myself.

So it is possible you simply need to tighten the chain tension or maybe need a better chain tensioner.