check out this bike parking...

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's a good idea. If I were to build one for outdoor storage, I'd want the roof to lift like a tonneau so I could get at junk at the back without crawling. Hm, but then the walls would be flimsy. Maybe just have the big side open up, that could work. Getting sick of tripping over bikes in my kitchen, lol.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So that's what those are. Rats, the last place I saw something like that there were people coming out of them wiping their hands on the pants. :(
Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Wish there was more of those around in work places as such. Old military term out of sight out of mind. Pretty nice I think. I would not want to see somebody leaving my locker wiping there hands.rotfl

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The transit system here installed a bank of bike lockers at many of the SkyTrain stations, this pic:

gives the general size.

A quick search also turned up this: Bike Parking. The storage locker looks interesting, but I doubt it's cheap and I'd want more than a padlock on the door.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
saw these at a mercedes dealer today in Newport Beach...
Now see, that's doing it right. Any old business, or town council, can give lip-service to going green and encouraging bike riders by setting up some racks here and there. But these people give you a bicycle-sized locking garage. Now that's a show of respect.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Tnx for posting the locker pics Bco...

This is something I should work on... WE need useful options such as this, especially since 'they' are not going to let us take a mab onboard public transport because of the fuel we carry...

This has given me a couple ideas... I'll be back :)
rc

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the sad thing, is these are hidden atop the parking garage at the nation's largest mercedes benz dealer, and they're all empty, except for one, which houses a beat up thrift store bike belonging to a lot porter, who probably makes minimum wage.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
the sad thing, is these are hidden atop the parking garage at the nation's largest mercedes benz dealer, and they're all empty, except for one, which houses a beat up thrift store bike belonging to a lot porter, who probably makes minimum wage.
Hidden??? Atop a parking garage??? Does this parking garage at least have an elevator that they allow cyclists to use. If they do not, and expect the cyclists to pedal or walk all the way up there, then they are sadists. Or dipsticks who decided where to place these things by committee. I would expect that, given the circumstances, they should at least have a sign informing the populace of these bicycle accommodations (if they actually expect people to use them).