Pac Man Clip?

GoldenMotor.com

Avowed

May 4, 2011
Kenosha
I got a bunch of Grubee Skyhawks, in the manual it says: ".. the idle and air fuel mixture screws have been epoxy sealed at the factory to avoid end user tampering.... if engine needs more fuel to run more powerful move the pac man clip on the needle down to the next notch position."

Anyone have a diagram? I am wanting to know what I am looking for before i start in with these tiny parts. The bike is alot less powerful than my stinger kit.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
They actually CALL it a "pac man" clip? Man, I haven't played Pac Man since I was in junior high. There, I dated myself. When I call 'em C-clips, people at least know what I'm talking about. (Pac-Man clips. - sheesh!)

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Looks like Grubee (feh) is getting real technical with the terminology.
Next thing you know, he'll be calling Philips-head screws plus (+) screws.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks like Grubee (feh) is getting real technical with the terminology.
Next thing you know, he'll be calling Philips-head screws plus (+) screws.
LOL............!

Or if they are turned just a bit then they would be ( X ) screws.......!

This is funny, that "pac-man clip" title really got my attention, I knew what it was refering too but I have also never heard it called that before, but hey it does look like Pac-Man sorta so no harm no fowl in my book.....

first pic is an E-Clip - Second pic is a common type C-Clip

But as Allen Wrench said we call them needle clips on these engines, that keeps it real simple and to the point.......

Pac Man Clip......may be the next term used to describe them after this post, heck I might just pick that up myself.......

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hmmm. Now I'm confused. I've been calling the first type a "C-clip", and that second one a "Snap-ring". So if I gotta buy one, what do I ask for? Anybody here work at a hardware store?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
To me, it would be more appropriate to call the little washer in the NT carburetor a 'Pac Man clip'.
pacman_11.jpg

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
C Clip: (because it looks like a C)
C clip.jpg

E Clip: (because it looks like an E)
E clip 50380.jpg

External Retaining Ring:
externall retaining 1401.jpg

Internal Retaining Ring:
internal  retaining 020402-i-ho.jpg

Avowed

May 4, 2011
Kenosha
thanks for all the replies! I apologize for any confusion the term may have caused; the instructions actually call it that...

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
thanks for all the replies! I apologize for any confusion the term may have caused; the instructions actually call it that...
No need to apologize, the only one confused here is Grubby Grubee (feh) who seems to be making up names for parts instead of using established nomenclature for standardized parts...

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
I want to write the next Grubee manual.

The Pac Man clip goes on the Dope Wars needle, which regulates the A/F ratio by sliding in and out of Mario's gas pipe. Have fun and be sure to dodge the bananas. They are a slippery.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I want to write the next Grubee manual.

The Pac Man clip goes on the Dope Wars needle, which regulates the A/F ratio by sliding in and out of Mario's gas pipe. Have fun and be sure to dodge the bananas. They are a slippery.
ROFLMAO!!! Yeah, you could call it "The Idiot's Guide to Building Motorbikes for Dummies" lafflafflaff

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Where you run the e-clip depends on what your spark plug looks like, go to the classic threads and look at the how to instructions on spark plugs.

merchant810

Jun 13, 2011
United States
I am a newcomer and have ordered the grubee skyhawk as well. Its still new but after half acceleration it loses pulling power and gets to a point to where it is revved so high it just vibrates and seems like its freespinning. my friends cheaper motors respond instantly and take off fast why is this one acting so poopy

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
First, you should really make a new topic when asking stuff like that, it's not really related to this thread.

But either way - you need to tighten your clutch.

1. Adjust the clutch lever's camshaft to be tight against the bucking bar (pin/rod at center of motor's drive sprocket).

2. Lock your clutch.

3. Open the largest cover on the motor (right side) and look at the left gear. There's a flower nut and a locking screw. Pull out the locking screw and turn the flower nut CW to tighten it, and CCW to loosen it. You want it tight enough to where it won't slip when you accelerate, but loose enough to where the clutch will disengage so you can idle.

4. To test it, find a hill and accelerate up it. If your clutch keep slipping, tighten it (CW) one notch and try again. Lather rinse and repeat. Next test is to lock the clutch and lift the back wheel off the ground. If the wheel turns at all, you need to loosen it (CCW) one notch and try again. Lather rinse and repeat.