Cadillac Crusiers discontinued

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Yeah that was a good deal..too bad.. Disc brakes, nuvinci, would have made one sweet moto-cruiser
Cheers

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I've been staring at that bike for years! The only reason I didn't buy it is because it had an aluminum frame. Heck, the price of the bike was worth it just for the parts!

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Re: Cadillac Cruisers discontinued

Wasn't there 4 or 5 guys that got them for 4 or $500 bucks awhile back?, wonder what they did with them.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
TODAYS ADD ?
$249 free shipping w/a $10 dollar additional savings (even on the sale price) w/the code "1STVISIT" the bike listed on the 2nd add in the #1 entry of this thread,,,,,is that an old add or does it upgrade as days go by like most sites

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california
i'm ordering the franco morino water cooled big boy and jack shaft kit so i can keep my disc brakes looking in to see if i can put a cap and petcock on main bar and call it a gas tank i just finished my inb worksman even built 2 different tanks from scratch they fit in between the bars will post as soon as tanks come back from linex p.s i got mine 4 that price because they gave me a rain check on the girls bike that was out of stock 4 2 weeks but they called and offered the mens which is what i wanted just could not afford but had to have 4 the nuvinci i was just going to strip the girls bike before but instead now have two motorbikes and enough money left to get the best this time hooraaah!!!!!!!!THANKS AGAIN AMAZON i love my cadillac fleetwood cruiser

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
YES! I just pulled the trigger. Thanks for the info everybody.
Bikes4famlies $239 with the "1STVISIT" code. Sweet.
Last week I was bummed out because I missed out on a great price on the women’s model at Amazon that I was buying for parts. It ended up working in my favor.

Now I just need to finish up and sell the 2 in project bikes in the garage.
Will this madness ever end? :D

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Re: Cadillac Crusiers - More Info

I have some input you guys may find useful.
I just built this Fleetwood Cadillac for a customer.

I got the bike on-line delivered for $300.
Can someone please post or send me the link for one for less as he wants 2 more ;-}

For those of you thinking big motors on them, save your money.
I don't know how those hubs will perform with a big motor yet, but I do know how they perform with a legal 48cc and just a good air cleaner, HP plug wire and Iridium plug, and little one piece Xchamber.

See, and listen for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/v/segGdmhOXCw

You will NOT be able to smoothly up shift under constant high torque.

I found that the so called 'Semi Solid' state of the tranny fluid for the drive tends to not want to up shift under full load so what I do is lay on the throttle, then back off just a touch while I up shift a small turn, then back on the throttle.

If you watch the Caddy riding video I made yesterday you can hear how I do it, it sounds like a 20 speed tranny until I hit 30 MPH, and that is with a 48cc motor.

Down shifting is different, no problem under load at all, but once you ride for a bit you can get an idea of how much you want to turn the shift knob between each power burst up shift.

Regardless it beats the crap out of a derailer, and still much better than even an 8 speed hub shifter, you just have to get the 'touch' for the bike.

My point is simple.
With this kind of gearing and a responsive 48cc you can be LEGAL and still haul ass ;-}

Also note that if you get the rear 'roller disc' adjusted right, a simple side pull front brake and the SBP 'teeter-totter' dual pull brake lever stops you just fine.

One last note, if you mount the gas tank in the rear like I did on this $30 Schwinn back rack you will want to raise it up the best you can or you will have fuel flow problems.

I did it like this.

This bike is for a petite young woman so the seat had to be as low as possible so I used the racks seat post mount to hold the post as well.

I painted a 3/8th" piece of wood black and put it between the tank and the rack, removed the tanks filter and used an SBP filter in-line, and zip-tied the gas line up right after the tank outlet.

That helps gravity with just a short close uphill run, and then a nice long downhill run to the carb.

Just for an 'end of post' reminder, can someone post or send me the link to order a couple more of these bikes for less than $300 I paid for this one?
I'm building some more of these babies, they go together nice ;-}

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
KCvale, looks good. I have the same bike and been getting by with just the rear disk but the side pull sounds like a good idea. Can you post a close up of it? Is the only mounting point the bolt that holds the fender? It’d be nice to be able to put a front brake on without having to buy a new fork. . In the long term in had been thinking about the Monark fork disc brake set up that Venice Motor Bikes sells but I need to unload the 3 bikes in my garage first. :D

I have been running a 66cc Grubee Super Rat with about 50 miles on and have the same SBP shift kit set up as you. Yes, it is very sweet. So far it handles the engine with no problem. I am running a SBP expansion pipe that I modified with a DIY larger muffler that I am still tweaking. I used stainless steel scrubbing pads as a baffle material but I might switch to fiberglass. I am trying to go as quiet as possible. The muffler was really simple to make with components are off the shelf and fit like they were made for this mod. I will be posting a how-to when I get the sound right. Hopefully next week…if it ever stops raining.