29" genesis astra

GoldenMotor.com

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
my kit came in today. and well it looks pretty good. but I've already ran into a problem. although the it wasnt a part that i got from the kit i'm still upset about it. it was actually my rt carb from thatsdax. not only was the carb leaking from every possible place it could but i was also four stroking in my top end. so i have no idea what the **** to do about that. i went ahead and slapped the old faithful nt carb on that came with the kit. and what do you know no more four stroking! a properly tuned nt carb is definitely the best. although small (and many people told me not to get it because it was a waste of money) my expansion chamber really helped with mid range to top end power, and it gave me a little low end power. my puch head should be here today or tomorrow and i'm really excited about it because everyone tells me how much of a blast there bike was to ride after.

word of advice to all people thinking about buying any rt carbs: DO NOT DO IT. coming from someone that has owned 5 of these carbs and every single one broke please listen to this advice. they provide great performance and smooth out your bike, but they are basically made with plastic and just junk. stick to your nt carb, or buy a real dellorto carb.

i'll be posting some pics in a few minutes and i'd like some of your honest opinions on the colors i chose. i really think the teal contrasts great with the flat black.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
heres a picture of my bike. ingnore the zip tie job. the top tube is to large for for the studs to reach. and i also still have to clean up some wires and cables. but for now i think the bike looks awesome

Attachments

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Genesis, Where did you get those forks?! Your bike is sick!
I got them off a schwinn stingray chopper. They look awesome but they do weigh quite a bit comepared to the stock forks. Also I don't have a front brake because of the forks. I've got a blueprint ready to be made for some front brakes, I just need to get started on it. And thanks for the compliment. The bike was sanded primered, repeat, and then flat black paint, and repeated. Same for the teal painted parts. I was pleased how good the paint came out, because I'm not very experienced with painting.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
On a side note, I'm returning this kit. It ran for about 15 minutes, I gave it a rest and decided to take it around the block and wouldn't start. I don't understand why it was running perfect and than decided to not run. I should listened to my conscience telling me to turn around and walk away from this Chinese kit bs. So far engineshoponline has been very helpful with customer service. They sent me some sorta confirmation thing to print out for when I return the product.

Tank0813

Sep 20, 2013
Jersey
Did you need to modify anything to get the forks to work? In have one of those choppers sitting in the basement lol

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Did you need to modify anything to get the forks to work? In have one of those choppers sitting in the basement lol
No not really. I added a few metal pieces to the kneck of the forks to take out some of the slack. I believe the forks at 1 inch and the astra has 1 1/8 inch diamater. But I've been using these forks for over a year with no problems

Tank0813

Sep 20, 2013
Jersey
Awesome! Thanks man I have the genesis onyx and have been looking for a good looking front end for otnsince ill have my motor kit monday ill prob get the forks preped before monday! Thanks again

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Awesome! Thanks man I have the genesis onyx and have been looking for a good looking front end for otnsince ill have my motor kit monday ill prob get the forks preped before monday! Thanks again
When it comes to install your tank, zip ties are your best friend. It's simple, cheap, and they work. Don't waste your time with the studs on those tanks. The finest stress and vibration causes them to brake all the time. I have a Honda tank in the garage but I can't find my gas cap... Be sure to take it real easy on ur motor for the first few tanks. The only motor I ever had that lasted was the one I went easy on. Have fun spending hours of your day tinkering with your little Chinese motor:) lol. This was me 24/7 :-||

Tank0813

Sep 20, 2013
Jersey
Thanks man Im planning on using a tank from a bobber motorcycle which has the same diamerer as thebtop tube! It will look great and hold more fuel!

snelson203

Mar 20, 2014
Philadelphia Area
Your bike looks great!! I just got this bike and am going to motorize it. Couple of questions- where did you get the rear rack, I really like that. Also, you went with a 2 stroke. How has it been holding up and what are the pros and cons of that versus a 4 stroke from your persective. Thanks.