Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There are other things I've done to calm the bikes down...lined the fenders and chaingard with thick weatherstrip, wrapped the seat springs with solder, and used a small amount of gaffers tape where the engine mounts to the frame...not a rubber mount, which can make things worse sometimes, just a double layer of gaffers or "friction" tape.

I filled one bikes tubing with expanding foam and it helped, but not as much as I thought it would.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Holry Molery.....I guess if it works.....how much mass are we talking about?:eek:

Couple of pounds maybe? I moved into my new digs and in the garge was a couple vitamin bottles full of "))" shot, I just poured it in. I don't know what it would cost to buy it, and since lead is supposed to be the metallic satan, I don't know how many would want to try it.

At least I didn't fill the bars with mercury.

tttlspencer

May 31, 2008
spookytooth/thatdax help me please. im new to this forum and i dont know the diff btween a post and a thread but spookytooth seems like a good company or are there pics and site just better...

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
spookytooth/thatdax help me please. im new to this forum and i dont know the diff btween a post and a thread but spookytooth seems like a good company or are there pics and site just better...
take a tip...leave a tip is a thread, this is a post in the thread take a tip...leave a tip.

Spooky is a great company, Roland build's excelent bike's and alway's take's care of his costumer's. So does Dan at thatdax, you cant go wrong with either one. I hope this is what you were asking?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A thread is a series of posts...a post is when you comment or ask a question in a thread.

Spookytooth sells kits and complete bikes and has a forum on their site, here we don't sell anything.

fuzz

May 9, 2008
vermont
no beer chug smilie :confused: ?

clean your spokes , if there is dirt on them they will wear our faster , i wax mine too ,,,

(^) beer

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Not enough density...foam rubber won't work hardly at all, latex foam from a model shop is better, but still about useless. I filled one bikes frame tubes with the spray can foam insulation, which hwelped but not too much, once again, not dense enough.

silvermaker5

Jun 8, 2008
Baldwinsville, NY
Re: take a tip...leave a tip...or a bunch of 'em

Make sure your brakes are up to par. Stuff hurts more @ 35MPH than it does @ 10MPH, especially if it stops you before your brakes do.

Ride defensively, because the only drivers that will see you are the ones you DON'T want to see you- aka "da fuzz".
QUOTE]

I can say that is right on the money. I was hit by some one that did not see me. Lots of improvements since, like a helmet. First a regular bike helmet then a non-DOT motorcycle one. I have had no problems with the cops though.

NOELCO

Jul 4, 2008
Well, I do not have a motor...yet. I found this site and wanted to check a few things out first. Most of the motors it see only have a 30 day warranty...do these motors only last a short while? I don't want to buy something for only a few months of use.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
No they will last a long time I have one that's 1 year old and I treat it like the red headed step child. all the rest are real close to a year old and all are running in good shape actually faster and better than when new one bike scares me to go wide open on 40 mph is too fast on a bicycle when I think about the bearing etc that the bike has and it makes me think this is going to hurt crashing on pavement at 30 to 35 mph. I hate road rash but it would look strange to wear leathers on a bicycle at least I think it would.
Don't sweat the 30 day warranty they will brake at 31 days out if they are going to.rotfl If you tear it up we can help and if you can't tear it up we still can help you to tear it up.rotfl These bike engine kits are fun makes you feel like a kid again so the price is money well spent. I have a neighbor who is 82 and took a ride on my bikes the fast one scared the h3ll out of him but now he wants one and is building one.
Norman

NebraskaNutz

Jul 3, 2008
Consider investing in GOOD tires... I use Continental Town & Country - they are used by police bike partol units the world over. Expensive - maybe - but can be had on eBay for about $50 for a pair - how much is your skin worth?:D

Hicksy

Jul 1, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Time to leave my first tip...

I was searching for a NGK B7HS plug and found that you're better off going to a Marine shop for them rather than a Auto shop. Here in Perth WA they come as a twin pack and only cost me $AU8.00

Hicksy

Jul 1, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Hicksy's Tip No 2

If you put greasy hands on your clutch plate, it will slip... (found out the hard way yesterday)

Solution - get some 120 grit sand paper and scuff up the plate and the fibres, worked a dream as I didn't have any other cleaning products...

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Bouncing BB's are hard to find, so guess what,
(not sure you know this one), But if you are going to work in around ball bearings, take a large piece of an old sheet and spread it out on the floor before you get started !!

You will some day be thanking me !

When those ball bearings get away from you, there darn hard to find !

Do not use magnets, they collect metal and can adhere to ball bearings, Thank Norman !

Thanks Norman !

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
making a ball bearing magnetic can be the wrong thing to do as small metal particles will stick to the bearing balls making them rough or out of round that is not good, bearing will go south real quickly when they have extra friends in there playing with them in the grease.
Ok I'm off the soap box.