Gebe

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
I've got a robin subaru eh035 sitting around and tomorrow I should have a Tanaka pf-4000.

I'm thinking about getting a GEBE. What are your thoughts(anyone)? I've already had 2 china girls, a staton shifter, 2 friction drives, and now a scooterguy/shifter with a honda gx35 on it. Anyone with GEBE experience with multiple years experience with one and does it sound like a good move? Thanks

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
I have a GEBE Honda GX35 4 stroke and she runs like a champ. Be gentle with her during break in, WOT is not recommended nor is it necessary. Even after her break in I never have to run her WOT, little ***** can do 25 on a flat straight away at 3/4 throttle. Be wary of the belt life, I'm have belt difficulties at the moment. Proper mounting of the engine will take care of most of that but seriously have a spare belt on hand and partially mounted to the frame per instructions. Changing your belt on the side of the road is not cool. She may bog down a little but there's lots of solutions for that here on the forums.

I have had a problem with the bolt that holds the L bracket to the frame shearing, even with regular checking and tightening. But that's not the engine or the mounting brackets fault, I suggest taking the bolts provided for the L bracket and replacing them with grad 8 bolts of the same size. That will prevent any shearing problems.

Other than that my advice is be vigilant and careful or this will happen.

.duh.

Have fun!