Carburetors

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I purchased a new carb from "Piston Bikes" last year and have done nothing with it, why don't know busy with life. Anyway looked at it today and the top where the cable goes looks different, as in the NT just had a cap affair that tightened on to the carb. Is this going to be a problem or do I need some type of adapter ? Purchased carb now is called SHA clone. Was not that when I got it. I can figure it out but was wanting a head start so to speak. This new unit came with a open type filter and may be too tight in there without a offset intake. Ok guys will be watching the posts here and thanks. gphil

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Carburators

Go to thatsdax site click on parts and then look through until you see his RT carb listing and the correct throttle cable for it, if im not mistaken the RT CARB is the same as what you have.

Map
.wee.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA

Go to thatsdax site click on parts and then look through until you see his RT carb listing and the correct throttle cable for it, if im not mistaken the RT CARB is the same as what you have.

Map
.wee.
I'm using the RT Carb from Dax. It's a Delorto Clone. I'm happy with it, easy to adjust with more precise settings and a better intake than the stock NT. I'm using the 65 jet and I hit the power band at almost half throttle with the expansion pipe set back a little bit. After I replaced the stock NT with the RT my MPG went down slightly but the performance upgrade was well worth it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I'm using the RT Carb from Dax. It's a Delorto Clone. I'm happy with it, easy to adjust with more precise settings and a better intake than the stock NT. I'm using the 65 jet and I hit the power band at almost half throttle with the expansion pipe set back a little bit. After I replaced the stock NT with the RT my MPG went down slightly but the performance upgrade was well worth it.
I also run the rt carb on one of my bikes, has good throttle response and the engine is very easy to start with this carb.
I've had zero issues with mine also..... good carb.

Map

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I agree with mapbike. you need a different throttle cable than the NT carb. Love the SHA delorto carb, very easy to tune and its reponsive. You should buy more jets so you can tune it. Mine came with a 75 jet which was too rich and the bike didnt ave any power. Now im running a 60 jet with no 4 stroking depending on oil mixture and outside temp. Higher the number the richer it becomes and lower the number the leaner it is. Keep that in mind when tuning

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
my roommate and I buy RT carbs for customer bikes and we just trim the stock throttle cable. he uses a dremel to cut the sleeve to reveal 85mm of cable when pulled all the way to the carb end. I just bought a 19mm Dellorto PHBG for $34, so I'm hoping with a larger intake (I.D.) I should see some gains, provided my RSE reeds dont restrict it too much. Our stock intake throats are 13mm, restricting even the stock carbs (though the stock ones are so crappy a 14mm dellorto SHA can outperform, or maybe thats only because it's better matched to the intake size). Our intakes are sized for mid-range RPM, if you're looking for a screamer, particularly high-end power, you'll want a bigger intake and bigger carb.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Do you think a ARROW CYCLES REED BLOCK with a RT with .72 Dellorto Jet be a little over the top? Not! DAX RT carb is the chit ! The jets on the other hand are unprecise junk .
You can't accurately tune a carburetor with increments of 5 .( .65,.70,.75,.80) Go to
"Treatland" and buy yourself a set of Genuine Dellorto jets. They are of the highest quality and most precision drilled jets you can buy in the world. In single increments , not 5.
That's how you properly tune in RT carburetor boys.
.shft.

Last edited:

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
duane from dax has a new and improved reed block and should be up for sale in a couple of weeks or so. And dang my jet is up there then because its drilled out in the earily 90s to flow with my yz80 pipe. shes a screamer!