high performance carby

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
hey everyone, i got my bike to start up, i want to know if the high performance carbys are good, are they worth the money?, do they increase top speed and torque? the one i planning on buying is 48$, thanks.dance1

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
If you have done very little else to your engine, just slapping a "hi perf carby" on will do NOTHING. Save your money and dial the stock carb in. Get an expansion chamber, open up the ports, increase the CR, dial the engine in with these mods and more.

In reality the engine is so crude in the stock form, installing an HP carb does more harm than good.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How many miles on the engine? Less that 300? If so don't worry about performance upgrades yet. 200 to 300 miles is required to fully break in a Chinese 2 stroke. Want more performance? Give it a chance then start adding go fast parts.
When you start adding things do one at a time then you'll have some basis for comparison.

Tom

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
How many miles on the engine? Less that 300? If so don't worry about performance upgrades yet. 200 to 300 miles is required to fully break in a Chinese 2 stroke. Want more performance? Give it a chance then start adding go fast parts.
When you start adding things do one at a time then you'll have some basis for comparison.

Tom
Yes, break it in.

Agree. Especially if some mod causes a temporary problem - if you do stuff one item at a time, then you will know what caused the issue and be ahead of the game.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
you'd need a bigger intake tract, but this is the best, cheapest carb I can find. Considering the dellorto clone is chinese (Runtong), these puppies should be just fine as well: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-...ck-19mm-Racing-Carburetor-Carb/692935102.html

Apparently RSE and *maybe* arrow are able to make their reeds with bigger inlets to fit bigger carbs. Though RSE are nice and compact, they're extremely limiting on a 66cc, but the 19mm + arrow reeds should be big enough to easily feed the 66cc at 9k RPM.