how fast do you go?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A warning, as usual because threads pertaining to speed have a way of becoming arguments.
Keep it civil and respectful guys.

Tom

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yea ive noticed that aswell!! I easily cruise at 37-38... slight downhill and BAM 43+.. big downhill i havent attempted caust there is always a stop light or a stop sign at the bottom :-(

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
top speed for a well tuned, stock china bike is around 35.

smaller sprockets and some porting, 40.

going all out, a few people have hit 50, but no one's been able to make it last.

the fastest china bikes at our races hit low 40's, 'cause they're geared for the corners more than the straights.

i've personally hit 62mph with a heavily modified china bike, in a full tuck, wind at my back, drafting a truck, on a long, smooth, straight section of the pacific coast highway.

i've got plenty of reliable witness who've clocked me over 50.

i also have boxes of destroyed pistons, scored cylinders, and useless chunks of chinese alloy to remind me of the futile attempts to make a fast chinese engine last.

if i paid full retail, i'd say i'm a few thousand dollars in the hole to achieve those speed goals.

my current cruiser takes me to work at 35 mph.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Yeah, they're simply not designed for hi rpm, or power & r easily over geared. I think the best way 2 get a bit more speed is keep mechanical resistance, rolling resistance, weight & drag as low as possible, & use thin, high pressure tires. Sure, do some work modding the motor, but dont go wild on it if u want it to last. Keep it well tuned & maintained. Cheers

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My Morini bike with big honking fatty tires, 3 inch wide front and rear. Can very easily go 50+ mph as a stock 49cc engine at 6000 +foot above sea level. I clean things up a bit and can achieve 60 beyond a shadow of a doubt. Currently geared for about 42 mph max and will reach 40 miles per hour inside of every neighborhood block here with me a 250 pound guy on it carrying cargo. Groceries milk meat etc.

I prefer about 30/35 mph most times in main street transit. In neighborhoods I go anywhere from 20 to 5 mph totally sustainable any speed I want to go.. It don't matter.. have red lined it it for many a mile. Darn motor is just indestructible. It was built and designed for this tho. Born and bred at the race track circuits where they tried really friggin hard to destroy it and always made it better. Cheers!

AKA. Happy Time/ China Girl/ Chinese 2 strokes kits that is another story lol. I/they would not have to try very hard..laff

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
My DIY electric bicycle can cruise sustained at 115mph. Can burst 135mph.

We will see if I can best those numbers at Laguna Seca in 2 weeks. This weekend is drag racing motorcycles at PIR (Portland). :)

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Well in winter i can hit 33 but its a little scary. Right now in the nice 110 degree heat about 31. I like about 25 just because i value life. Im on a ht 2smoker and so far its bomb proof and she loves redline. O and i matched the ports.