Help Help Help

GoldenMotor.com

thebreak

May 11, 2011
Scotts Valley CA
Ok so I am new to this fourm but I do know how to use the search and I could not find my answer. So I just finished my bike yesterday and road it around town last night. Now when I went out into the garage today to ride my bike to the beach the damn thing will not turn over. I did not have any problems last night. Started and stopped no prob and now when I go to ride it I get nada. So here is what I have check so far, I have spark, I have fuel and there is air lol. I checked the mag and it looks like the timing is right. There is fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe. I have all day tomorrow to work on it but I need to get it running before Monday so I can get to work. Help me out please! Oh and I for got it is a 49cc 2 stroke.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Did you put two stroke air cooled oil in the fuel about two and one half ounces per tankful to start out with.
Is the choke lever in the right position.
Did you leave the petcock on overnight, flooding the engine, because the float is not adjusted properly.

Remove the air filter and make sure you know which way the choke lever is open or closed. leave it open.
Put the air filter back on.
Remove sparkplug is it wet with fuel oil mix. Dry out out with a towel or hair dryer .
Grasp the carb and try to move it .
If it moves at all seal it to the intake with rtv silicone.

Sometimes there is gunk in the fuel tank.
Do you have a fuel filter on your bike.
You said you have fuel .
Did you just look in the tank??
Or did you close the petcock remove the two screws holding the bottom of the carb on.
Remove the bottom of the carb..
Turn on the petcock .
Fuel oil mix should run freely through the needle and seat.
Close the petcock.
Look in the bottom of the carb fuel bowl. For goo rocks dirt.
Or anything that is not gas.
If you see anything at all your jet is probably clogged.

Find a needle or straight pin.

Twist the throttle to wide open and insert the straight pinstraight up into the hole on the bottom of the brass tube sticking down from the carb that goes into the fuel bowl.
This will remove any debris from your jet.
You may also remove the jet by unscrewing it and then checking for a clogged orifice.

This thread will help.
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html

thebreak

May 11, 2011
Scotts Valley CA
There is fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe.

Did you leave the petcock on overnight? yes

Remove the air filter and make sure you know which way the choke lever is open or closed. leave it open. Put the air filter back on. Did this

Remove sparkplug is it wet with fuel oil mix. Yes

Grasp the carb and try to move it .
If it moves at all seal it to the intake with rtv silicone. Does not move.

And all the carb stuff i did thinking it was that but.....
There is fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe.

is it possible for fuel to get under the piston and this is why it is not working?
I put a new spark plug in and nada changed....

I am so lost right now.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the main problem is you have fuel coming out of the exhaust.

when you left the petcock on, the fuel flowed into the motor and filled it up, basically completely flooding it.

it won't start until all that fuel gets out of the motor.

you need to turn the petcock off (make sure it's not flowing at all, some of them will keep flowing even after turning them off, 'cause they're junk.)

you need to keep trying to start it like you normally would, or better yet, find a hill and after it gets rolling, pedal it without using the clutch, so the piston can force all that unburnt fuel out.

you'll know when it's out because the motor will either start, or try to start. then turn the petcock back on and you should be ok.

the culprit is probably a stuck float. instead of floating up and shutting off the needle valve, it stayed open and the fuel continued to flow. i'm betting that your carb is on an angle, too, with the air cleaner pointing upwards.

it could also be that your float is filling up with gas. if you take the two screws off the bottom of the carb, take the plastic float out and shake it, there shouldn't be any fuel inside of it. if there is you need a new one.

ALWAYS turn your fuel off when you're not riding.