targets new mongoose

GoldenMotor.com

spoftc

Jun 2, 2015
Orting, Wa
spoftc's mongoose

Here are a few pics of the bike with motor upgrade = in anser to ? no its not electric hub its an old endro hub i used it for the bearings and so i could use the bigger spokes now laced into a (drilled steel 15" ) bmx rim. i like the 20" inch bmx bikes when i was younger i did the BMX nbl aba bike racing thing it was alot of fun. I like the lower profile to especially if i dont got to peddle. i posted this bike on here before when it had the yamaha dt 100 enduro motor it had alot of spunk probably 9 or 10 hp at about 7 or 8000 rpm. on Thanksgiving 2015 i acuired an 86 kx 80 minus piston and cyl removed . it went back together with a 52.50 mm piston and 99cc head making between 18 to20 hp somewhere between 10000 and 11000 rpms. if you like to feel a little thrill when you crack the throttle this is the setup to go with. the fuel tank is an old fire extinguisher and the rear wheel is extended back 5 inches to help the front wheel stay down frame is mongoose

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I love it!!!! That is a great beginner bike too I bet while still entertaining to the experienced enthusiast. Hats off to a great build. Maybe the back wheel will surprise you. I saw a Schwinn Stingray on YouTube with a Honda Rebel motor putting down nice black stripes on the pavement with a stock 20x4 Stingray wheel. The builder thought the wheel would blow apart on the first real launch and the next thing you know he is hammering on it up and down the street.