Electric BTR?

GoldenMotor.com

david m

Mar 24, 2012
California
Hi new member here,

I'm interested in seeing if anyone here has put together an electric BTR bike?

I'm assembling details on what it would take to produce basic style BTR with electric hub motor instead of gas. The Worksman INB seems like the frame to start with and I've seen how mice it can look set up as a BTR even in an unmodified frame style (like the early Sportsman Flyer version). Although I'd also be interested in seeing how much it would cost to modify the front down tube to have a little more curve to it. I've found endless-sphere.com and will be searching there for advice on electric setups but will be bugging you guys for info on frames, tanks, forks etc.

Luck E Cycle prototype (pic and vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pum0RWJVLjU

Ideal frame set up:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Frugelwagons bike was beautiful, but he had an electric motor and batteries resembling a VTwin engine inside a drop loop frame, but you mentioned you wanted a basic design with a hub motor. Take a look at Firebikes electric BTR build, it uses a hub motor and the batteries and electrics are hidden in the fuel tank area. Sorry I'm at work and on my phone so links are a pain, search on this site for it or google it and you should find it.

As I live in Oz where petrol bikes are illegal and electric are legal I plan on doing an electric BTR style bike in the near future, I look forward to seeing yours

david m

Mar 24, 2012
California
Frugelwagons bike was beautiful, but he had an electric motor and batteries resembling a VTwin engine inside a drop loop frame, but you mentioned you wanted a basic design with a hub motor. Take a look at Firebikes electric BTR build, it uses a hub motor and the batteries and electrics are hidden in the fuel tank area. Sorry I'm at work and on my phone so links are a pain, search on this site for it or google it and you should find it.

As I live in Oz where petrol bikes are illegal and electric are legal I plan on doing an electric BTR style bike in the near future, I look forward to seeing yours
I love that V twin bike but a little too custom for a beginner I think. Working off the basic Worksman frame using available BTR parts from some of the guys around here seems like the best way to get a nice little BTR looking bike with out a ton of fab work. I'm after a very similar setup to Firebikes (thanks for that BTW!)... hub motor w/ batts stored in the gas tank. I just need to figure out the electric specs. Any other examples of electrified BTRs on the forum?

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
I've been wanting to do this.. It just seems range isn't good. And I don't want to pedal a ss heavy bike.

Everybody just throws them on 1k+ dh mtb... But this is my new goal..

I'm thinking a Mac geared hub.. At 48v the 6t can do 35mph...