Well it was a rather boring weekend except...

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
for yesterday morning when the espresso machine blew up!

Went to make the the Mrs. and I a cappuccino yesterday morning and as soon as I turned the knob on the Mr. Coffee to brew BLAM! :eek:
It blew the filter housing right out of my hand sending it through the carafe blowing grounds and shards of glass all over the kitchen. Exploded loud enough that my kids came down from upstairs to see what happened. How I got out of it without a scratch and only a tiny little burn on my right palm is beyond me!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What a mess! Don't you ever clean your kitchen counter? :)

Seriously, that looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Have you contacted Mr. Coffee? Was it an electrical problem or a pressure issue, Kev? That's scary.
My folks had a bottle of 'Milk of Magnesia' explode once. The company sent them a new bottle. That was before there were more lawyers than teachers. Today the company might want to talk to you about a settlement. I'd call them.
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Waiting until tomorrow to call them. Before I'd even started cleaning up the mess my wife was on their website looking for their number and found out they're only open between 9 and 5 Mon thru Fri.

It was pressure and for the life of me I can't figure out how it happened because nothing appears to be damaged and there's no way to put the filter assy. on wrong. All I can think of is where the ears of the filter lock in is plastic and maybe it flexed under the pressure letting the filter blow off BUT it should have never built up that much pressure in the first place. She's gonna be calling tomorrow because she has a way of getting things out of people. laff

We went out that afternoon and bought a lot nicer unit that works off a pump not steam pressure plus the locking ring on the unit is aluminum not plastic.

:D

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Labor Day would have been typically boring for me, except I got my bike fired up today. I've been tinkering with this bike since July. Engineering charlie foxtrots on the part of suppliers (pun intended) and partway engineering on my part (pun unintended) led to the most interesting build I've ever done. And it just happened to be born on this glorious Labor Day 2010. Well the day was good for something on this end :D

I'm proud to say that on this day I thought about no lawyers. To paraphrase Generation Kill as they paraphrased O'Shea Jackson: "As the warrior-prophet Ice Cube once said, 'if the day does not require an A.K., it is good.'"