Universal Tach and hour meter

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks Civlized. Saved link. Looks perfect for our needs. Gonna do a small mount for a GPS and a tach/HM. that will be easy to mount.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
No problem! I did a thread search on this after I saw the lack of replies and found that there have been some other threads about it. Sorry. I should have just added it to one of the others.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Went back and re-read all the tach stuff. Gonna order this one. Is perfect for our thing. Thanks Civlized!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
NO! am bummed Civ. Our lil 4 smoker drive and other stuff has me whipped out cash wise and being careful with every penny. Even bigger bummer is it would help with this and other projects. Better days are coming, they always do. Just a bummer to be down to the wire like this.

LOL, sorry about the TMI. was just sitting here grinding my teeth and worrying when I opened email and saw your post/question.

Just told the wife; "Real life sucks" She responded; "Yup, but it's OK" I am one rich an' happy dawg

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I got a Tiny-Tach non reset Model 2C, Got it from the manufacture, Design Technology, Inc.

designtechnology.com or tinytach.com

$36.95 + 6.97 shipping = $42.92 total

The reset model is the same price, but I want to be sure I don't reset the hour meter in error and loose track of engine service time.

I installed it on my Honda 4 stroke, but will work on my 48cc two stroke as well.

The four strokes fire on every revolution just like the 2 stroke do. The reason is there aren't any points so the plug fires each time the magnet passes the coil, which is every revolution.

It would be nice if they came in a round case like a speedo, but they are intended to be mounted to the engine. I have it mounted to a quick release flashlight handlebar mount. I put plugs in the two wires so I can take the tech off when parked along with the computer and lights. Out of sight, out of mind.

The hour meter reads 24/7 when the engine is off. The batteries are not replaceable as the cases on all the brands I have seen are potted. The battery is supposed to last around 5 years.

It is really convenient as it let me know just what was happening. 2250 RPM idle, 2500 RPM clutch engage. Around 4500 RPM at 20 MPH and 5000 RPM at 25 MPH. That is where I wanted to run the engine for max torque. Obviously there are a lot of RPM above for higher speed, but 31' per second is fast enough for me to hit anything. )

Jim

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Fair, am I abusing the "El Linko" joke yet?

(is meant in fun and I really do think your efforts are a service to the community! ty)

...and what community is not in need of a running and bad joke?dnut

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Fair, am I abusing the "El Linko" joke yet?

(is meant in fun and I really do think your efforts are a service to the community! ty)

...and what community is not in need of a running and bad joke?dnut
Doesn't bother me a bit buddy, makes me laugh every time I see it. :D