Do you have security?

GoldenMotor.com

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
I've disabled my kill switch in order to make it a "kill" switch. Basically, I've mounted an M80 explosive inside the gas tank which is triggered by one of those model rocket ignitors. The ignitor is connected to a safety switch which is disabled when I lock it up and then wired to the kill switch. When the saftey switch is disabled, the kill switch is locked and loaded. When someone steals the bike and rides off I can probably find them by looking for the mushroom cloud. Okay, so I haven't really done this, but thieves deserve this kind of fate. I use a U lock.

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona
In all seriousness, I think Kryptonite makes something called a "Fuggataboutit" or something of these sorts. I think its about $100 (I think its a little less, actually), and Kryponite will cover up to $4,500 (I think) for a year if the bike gets stolen under proper use of the device. I don't know how much insurance is, but if you spend the $100 a year on a new Kryptonite lock, you have a pretty solid coverage plan.

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
I've disabled my kill switch in order to make it a "kill" switch. Basically, I've mounted an M80 explosive inside the gas tank which is triggered by one of those model rocket ignitors. The ignitor is connected to a safety switch which is disabled when I lock it up and then wired to the kill switch. When the saftey switch is disabled, the kill switch is locked and loaded. When someone steals the bike and rides off I can probably find them by looking for the mushroom cloud. Okay, so I haven't really done this, but thieves deserve this kind of fate. I use a U lock.
SWEET!!!!!! Don't forget that switch in a moment of inebriation...

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I have a cable and a U-lock. I wind the cable through my wheels and frame then lock one end of the cable in the U-lock while the U-lock is locking the frame to something immobile.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
My son and I both use the U lock. Think they are cheap Bell units from wally world but they seem pretty good. Awhile back my other son locked his bike up at work and lost the key (same kind of lock) so I thought cool here is my oppertunity to see how tough these 20 dollar locks are. I tried twisting it off with a four foot frost bar and nothing! I was amazed! A sawsall would take all day and the grinder- well that worked but we got asked by more than one person what the heck we were doing! Good thing he works security there at the college! I feel alright with the u lock but check out what you are buying and if you have the chance see what it takes to break one!

I also use a hardend masterlock for the trailer I pull. It actually takes place of the pin used to hook the trailer to the bike.
But like they say- locks are for keeping honest people out

Last edited: