Cool Bicycle Helmet

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Thought you got one a them there high limited credibility cards...........:D

Almost looks like a downhill skier helmet!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's really designed for racing, and not really a street riding helmet. Aside from the price the main problem I see with it is, I think the tented visor is fixed, so you couldn't use it at night.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They're way too proud of their product. You could buy a great looking DOT approved motorcycle helmet for less than 1/3rd the price and be better protected. Leave that one to the spandex crowd.

Tom

yumalope

Nov 19, 2013
Yuma, AZ
I commute to and from work on my non motorized Electras, and since I work on a military base where helmets are required I wear a Nutcase in flat black....probably the least lame bike helmet there is and they're around $60.

When my board tracker is ready I'll probably get a red Biltwell novelty helmet for $99....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I commute to and from work on my non motorized Electras, and since I work on a military base where helmets are required I wear a Nutcase in flat black....probably the least lame bike helmet there is and they're around $60.

When my board tracker is ready I'll probably get a red Biltwell novelty helmet for $99....
I wear a 8 Ball Nutcase, and you're right. As far as bicycle helmets go it's one of the best looking ones. I don't care for the walnut look.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Motor bicycles are kind of the bottom of the food chain when it comes to costs. I know people that are riding around on their motorcycles in $1000 leather riding suits.

It's not uncommon to spend $500 on a motorcycle helmet.

I once met a guy riding a bicycle who ask me how much the Atomic BB cost. When I told him about $550, he said he had more than that in just his seat

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I do have a bike helmet... it's been on a shelf gathering dust since I got my Voss (motorcycle) helmet. (Pics in this old post) Keep an eye out for the yearly motorcycle show(s) and you can score a decent helmet (and other gear) for a nice price. As an added bonus, you get to take a look at all the customs and some of the amazing paintwork on them. ;)

I almost went with a Reevu, they are pretty neat. Once adjusted, the sliver of mirror above your field of view would probably be easy to get used to.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Um.... it says on their website, WARNING: Do not wear the Biltwell Novelty helmet to operate any motorized or non-motorized vehicle.

So what do you do with it, - wear it in bed?
And/or rock climbing, bungie-jumping, para-sailing, surfing Pipeline, hot air balooning? Skateboarding is out being a non-motorized vehicle lol.

Looks like the perfect helmet for Nashmoto though!

Number 98......Nashmoto!

dnut

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Or in bed.

Tom
Im here looking for helmet options............................
but this reminds me of something funny I do when I get a fortune cookie. I always add the words "in bed" to the end of the sentence. try it sometime lol.

Dan.