Revs real high when accelerating..

GoldenMotor.com

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
Hey all..its been awhile since ive posted on here (bought an 86 chevy Silverado) I was out riding today for the first time in awhile and I ahvent done much to my 2 stroke MB for awhile...and when I accelerate the thing seems to like engage the clutch or something because it just revs really high and when it comes back down it like jerks the chain and gear really bad and sometimes even derails the chain...Ive been completely clueless on whats the casue...I assume its something with the clutch? my camshaft or clutch initiator thing has been extremely worn and still engages the clutch for the most part but it comes out almost when I ride sometimes...not sure if this is the casue but I need desperate help I want to revive this beauty of mine thanks!!brnot

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
search for the clutch adjust info here & maybe consider replacing that cam until you get in the habit of greasing it often to prevent wear

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
This is defiantly and old post....sill have the same problem after lubing the cam up every now and again and it still pops up. I also looked at my clutch and noticed the red brownish clutch pads look pretty bare...could this be the problem...?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
pads may be worn from slipping/dragging

I'd replace that cam and see then if the pads are still good