Reverend "Iggy" A Felt Taxi Mid drive lunatic

GoldenMotor.com

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Nice, I didn't know the SA 3 speed was available with a drum brake.
By room between the BB and motor I mean- the Bafang motor is a fixed distance from the BB shaft (when in place and motor gear engaged with sprocket gear) and designed to clear a small diameter BB. With the larger diameter American BB there may not be enough space when you center it in the adapter you intend to use. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Post 178 this page. Adell failure http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39722&highlight=twin&page=18 !!! EDIT: Ok I take it back. Memory isnt as good as it was. It was a single Adell BUT a few posts down I show the two in one trick. Problem was it didnt want to last and showed signs of failure later down the road. Follow that thread and you'll see my end solution. Ugly but functional. P clamp is a lot nicer.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I went with the sick bike setup for my second ebike since I was so pleased with the first one, it tucked right up in the area I wanted and used the fender tab on the bottom bracket to secure the motor, it worked out perfect.

It will be close and may not fit in the same area, it may have to go below the BB, it still will look good and you will have a LCG with it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Alrighty! Stuff is finally on its way. I'm psyched! And; I've been plotting. NO WAY was I going to drill holes in the steel frame to mount the battery! I looked for a long time and determined I wanted billet clamps found on roll bars of sand rails ect. Looks like CCC did the same on his build referenced above. My down tube is an odd size 1.602 or something like that. Not 1.5 inches. A milled clamp wasnt going to work so I found THESE: http://axiaalloys.com/Universal-Mounting-Points They stretch and clamp in place, cinch down and SHOULD give me some play in fitting the clamp and the battery. If I need more they are easy to get. After ordering I thought the shipping was a little jacked up and went back and did some snooping. $11 UPS ground and 2-3 day delivery OR U.S. Postal Priority Mail $6 and 1 day delivery; which I chose. Well... Turns out they are 1.25 miles from my house. I coulda walked / limped there and had em same day. :-||

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Just took another look at the electric Wolf-e. Hey CCC! Are you using safety wire to secure wires instead of zip ties?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
:-|| SON OF A BISCUIT :-|| Asked Luna Cycle to change from Signature required to drop off. Did they do it? FUNK NO! Bastards! Took my mother to the Doctor and other things and came home to find a delivery notice requiring signature. No kit no battery No nuthin. :-||

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
So Lets recap. Ordered on 12/15/16 on 12/19 they claimed delay for progaming: ( email link removed )THEN on 12/28 said massive holiday orders were causing delay but later that day they created a shipping label to keep me quiet( email link removed ) but didn't actually ship the parts. BUT I was excited because the kit was finally on its way. Kit didn't actually ship out till the 29th!( email link removed ) FOURTEEN DAYS after order. The lesson. Luna Cycles has probably the best kits and prices on the planet for E bikes and conversions. But; Don't trust them to tell you the TRUTH about shipping. Be prepared to WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT. Yes. I'm angry and frustrated now.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Never had a problem with them, display on the charger went out, still charged tho... sent an email and bamb within a few days had a brand new charger no questions asked...got to keep the old too.

Your issues could have been due to the demand and the holiday season...

Can't wait to see your bike complete...

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well, the kit arrived Wed. Only got to unpack it and have a look. Then back to work that night and several more. I'll hopefully have time to mess with it tomorrow.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Finally! I get to play a bit! Have the battery charging and balancing and the bike well hung on its "hoist" Im stuck on the bearing cups in the bottom bracket. Anybody have a clue how to get em out without destroying them or the bracket?

Attachments

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
I'd try using a piece of hardwood dowel inserted in one side and tap a couple of times in several positions with a mallet. I may come out very easily this way. Then go through other side to remove other cup.