Naughty ads on this forum?

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm not really offended but they do slow things down a bit and I'm wondering if It's just me that single moms need. Is is a universal problem or is just my computer getting hijacked. Moderators please advise. Thanks, Chaz

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not really offended but they do slow things down a bit and I'm wondering if It's just me that single moms need. Is is a universal problem or is just my computer getting hijacked. Moderators please advise. Thanks, Chaz
Chaz,
We try hard to keep that stuff to an absolute minimum. I'm not a prude, far from it actually, but any time I see those ads you're talking about I bring them to the attention of Paul, our forum owner, and he takes the necessary steps to block them.

If you are getting them the best way to show them to Paul is to take a screen shot and send it to him or one of the mods. We promise to do what we can.

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one who feels this isn't the place for partial nudity just to sell a product like vitamins.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Guess my pop-up blocker is doing its job, I've seen nothing!

Sgt. Shultz

(Really, nothing.)

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks Tom, I'm just glad that it's not my computer under attack. I'll see what I can do about taking a screen shot. There's not just the single mom who, apparently, needs me but also a pile of pop ups which are slowing things down. Yeah, I understand that these "bugs" are always trying to get in somewhere.
thanks again for the info,

Chaz

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Tom, I found an extension called "salesale" and deleted the bugger. All seems back to normal. I think maybe planted by aliens. Thanks for the help.

I hope that girl's going to be alright... I miss her already. dang

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Chaz,
I've never seen that one but I hate the ones from lowermybills.com with the stupid waggling heads and flashing messages. Those irritate me to no end.

Tom

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I don't see none of that... But then I probably don't visit the same sites you do... Ya know cause I seen ads tailored to me here... But they ain't xxx material laff

The local whole foods or Safeway is all I need ;)

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I'm sure Tom can verify this, but I'm pretty sure the non-mobo ads you're seeing are your run-of-the-mill Google ads, and are generated based on YOUR OWN GOOGLING HABITS! If you share a machine with someone else (under one account), then you might want to discuss their search-habits with them; it's not this site that's generating "naughty" ads.

PS: Tom, those idiotic "wobbly-head" ads drive me nuts too. Unfortunately their ubiquity bespeaks of the lowest-common-denominator in our midst; they MUST work on enough rubes to be profitable.

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
now for a post on the original subject pop up ads of any type I don't get them . I am subject to visit all kinds of site . It depends on what interests me at the time . I am a 67 year old male and very healthy . if I see a post see Miss Blank nude I might just go take a look and have . Most of the time Miss Blank turns out not to be as I expected or as I hoped . But still the point is I have never received a pop up on here or any where that I wasn't searching . That is very probably because I have a very good anti-virus installed on my computer that also blocks pop ups .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I believe we might be looking at two kinds of ads.
Like fredric3144, I do not get pop-up ads. What I see is Google generated advertising that appears in boxes low on either side of the forum pages. They change from one page to another. Some are cookie generated because whenever I search for something almost immediately I start seeing the Google ads aimed at whatever subject I was looking at. An example is I was recently looking for Rainbird irrigation sprinklers. For a week now I've been seeing Google ads for Rainbird.
These ads can be controlled and that's what I was referring to when I said Paul can block anything we find offensive or misleading. Also some of them have an 'X' in the corner that you can click on and select to not see that kind of ad again. Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Pop-ups are commonly generated by cookies loaded onto your computer whenever you visit a website. My browser has a tool bar where I can select to turn on a pop-up blocker. Mine seems to work well as I rarely if ever see any ad that suddenly appears on the screen while I'm reading or searching.

The exception, ironically, is ads for upgrades to my Norton anti-virus. I've contacted Norton to complain about those and have yet to get a satisfactory answer from them. And, I'm paying for them!!!! :(

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Geez....and all I get is State Farm trying to sell me more insurance, Toyota wanting me to buy another new car or ebay trying to get me to buy more mandolins, bike parts, model airplanes, etc. I must seem unworthy of a few naughty ads? I kinda feel left out now.lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Geez....and all I get is State Farm trying to sell me more insurance, Toyota wanting me to buy another new car or ebay trying to get me to buy more mandolins, bike parts, model airplanes, etc. I must seem unworthy of a few naughty ads? I kinda feel left out now.lol
Maybe you're just not going to the right websites. I suppose to get "naughty" ads you have to occasionally visit a "naughty" website :)

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I don't go to naughty websites because that's where the viruses are and I see a very curvy woman dressed in a "slingshot" bikini every time I come here.

Amazing.

Here she is with a little more clothes on this time;

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Well, well, well, here's another fine mess I've gotten myself into.

Would you believe that I am an artist and occasionally have to see figure studies for reference? An anthropologist who is researching the evolution of women? Can I offer you a pipe and a waffle?

I will answer the charges in reverse order.

Mike B - I guess the burning question is: Are you ready?... and thanks for the link about the next step in evolution, it's really going to help with my research.

ckangaroo70 - don't feel bad, Mike B can hook you up

fredric3144 - Glad you liked the debunking movie. I watched it a couple of times and it amuses the heck out of me so I thought I would share it with my motorbicycling brothers. If you're feeling left out just pm me and I'll send you some viruses.

Kioshk - You big salty seaman you. There's no need to yell, you're not out on the high seas barking out orders. You're not my mom... maybe if shaved off that beard. And you spelled ogling wrong.

beginner01 - You do remember your avatar? Yes? Enough said, you naughty
boy.

xseler - I hate to see someone left out. I can send you some "artwork" if you like. Or you can contact YesImLDS as it seems there's an excess in his area. Maybe time for a field trip.

Tom, "Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one who feels this isn't the place for partial nudity just to sell a product like vitamins." But that's the only way they can get me to take my vitamins.

Closing statement:

I throw myself on the mercy of the court. I'm just a simple apeman with a gun and an idea that all men should be free to pursue their interests without shame, without guilt, without even a clue as to what I'm going to say next. And that these rights are written down somewhere and stored in a box in a haunted house just waiting to be re-discovered by some cheerleaders and jocks. I stand here before you with my hand on a stack of pancakes and admit that I'm likely to be a repeat offender.

But seriously folks, I hope anyone who reads this will understand that I'm just having some fun and am willing to take as good as I give.

sincerely,

Chaz

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It's just paul trying to make enough dough to pay the bills.

There really ain't no money in this stuff. Costs a lot of dough to rent a high speed server on the internet.

Most people here try to save a dollar on a kickstand.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Mike, I know you're just goofing. And I really take my hat off to Paul for keeping this thing going, and all the moderators as well. This is the best site I have ever seen and has been invaluable to me as I'm sure many others.

Let me know if you order one of those lovebots. I'm guessing they are made in Japan? At least we know the bearings will hold up.

Chaz