Snork

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Speaking of cell phones we now have a hands free law here in Georgia, during my daily travels on the job I still see people holding their phone.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'm glad to know that it is illegal to carry more than 1 cell phone! Great public service announcement.
I've heard people say that about 2 cell phones is not right. I like one with camera for close up that is better for that and the other that does well long distance camera. Now what if.....

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
An efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "You need to be careful about trying these techniques at home."

“Why?" asked somebody from the audience.

"I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years," the expert explained. "She made lots of trips between the refrigerator, cooker, table and cabinets, often carrying a single item at a time. One day I told her, 'Hon, why don't you try carrying several things at once?'"

"Did it save time?" the guy in the audience asked.

"Actually, yes," replied the expert. "It used to take her 20 minutes to make breakfast. Now I do it in seven."

Reactions: fasteddy and Dan

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I had a similar experience myself but fortunately I spent three years training as a chef and it came in handy. After that until I took over the cooking the meals consisted of hot tongue and cold shoulder.

Eventually new husbands learn to keep silent at the proper times.

Steve.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
An efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "You need to be careful about trying these techniques at home."

“Why?" asked somebody from the audience.

"I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years," the expert explained. "She made lots of trips between the refrigerator, cooker, table and cabinets, often carrying a single item at a time. One day I told her, 'Hon, why don't you try carrying several things at once?'"

"Did it save time?" the guy in the audience asked.

"Actually, yes," replied the expert. "It used to take her 20 minutes to make breakfast. Now I do it in seven."
LoL Lud.

Really funny thing. I just used your "I'll get my coat" line elsewhere and happened to think of ya. Just funny timing.

======================================

"hot tongue and cold shoulder"

Har, LoL. That's a keeper Steve!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
LoL, a bit....

Har! I didn't catch that.

No good, dirty ,double dialing dirtball!
About Cell Phones... Yeah I had one for a year or so... Had to stop using it. Could not stand the constant interuption / solicitation... Continuous pain in the arse. Being without one got me thinking. If I pay for cell phone service, Isn't a credit card company through "solicitation" abusing my paid for cell service to the point of "THEFT OF SERVICES"? I know it is too simple. I know about the fine print we must submit to. If I am caught throwing garbage in the walfart dumpster I could be charged with "Theft of service" I will not ever own another Cell phone. My phone (land line) hangs on the kitchen wall, Exactly where it belongs. Leave a message.

Reactions: Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Uxipedia explanation of socks and coat hangers.

Socks disappear or develop holes that weren't there when they were washed.

Firstly, one should look at the greater number of socks that disappear and the lesser number of mysteriously generated coat hangers in wardrobes and closets.

The logic is that the sock is the larval form of the coat hanger. Natural fibre socks give rise to wooden coat hangers and the nearly extinct wire species, whereas the manmade fibre sock develops into the plastic variety.

Secondly, we will deal with holes and the shortfall in socks maturing into coathangers. It is obvious, given the seemingly random appearance of holes and absent socks, that something is preying on them. The only explanation is the incredibly fast moving sock worm. One cannot see them, only the evidence of their feeding. The questioning mind will enquire what happens to the digested sock; this explains at last the fluff found under beds.

Thank you for your time in reading this work of great public value.