Felt Good to Ride

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL,
I didn't know streetcar tracks made your front wheel fall off. I'll avoid them in the future.

Good to see you riding again, Dave. :)

Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Its cool that Tucson still has the street car on 4th St. Our street cars on Galveston were badly damaged by Hurricane Ike and have not run since.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think the moral of the story here is don't cross the tracks with your handlebars positioned at 90 degrees.......with or without the front wheel!!!

If this happens to you, extend your arms straight forward and fly like Superman (unlike the guy on the sign)!
laff

Last edited:

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
when I was a kid in Belgium I dropped my front wheel down a grate that was replaced in the wrong direction. the wheel instantly dropped and stopped, I flipped over the handle bars, landing on my back. We had sreetcar rails everywhere and another hazard, cobblestones. slippery when wet, and so much vibration they would numb your hands.

No rides for me lately, below freezing and snowstorms lately. Warmer but raining today. It will be another month or two before it is fit to ride again up here in the great white north.

Steve