New build raptor 140 frame

GoldenMotor.com

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
So it's been awhile, and I'm itching for a new build.

Frame is a quilbix raptor 140 frame. http://www.qulbix.com/
Front suspension is a roxshock xc32 tk solo air. Rear suspension is a DNM o2 aoy 36rc

MXUS 3000 hub motor laced to a 18" moped rim. Sabvoton sinewave controller, lipos 18s 32ah batteries.

Hopefully, everything is done before summer ends..

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Wow those frames look cool magna, can't wait to see how it turns out. They look very well built.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
That looks like it will be a really nice bike.

Sounds like you have your parts all picked out.

Not to throw a wrench in your plans or any thing...

If you are going to use LiPo's you should check out the http://adaptto.com/ control.

Sine wave, BMS and charger all in one.

I have been using that rockShox xc32 for the last year+, its a good fork but is a little flexy side to side.
I kept getting this 'ting ting' sound, like a spoke sound, finally narrowed it down to the front disc brake, was too tight. When the wheel flexed in the corners the disc would just barely rub.
Good forks though...not complaining, just an observation.
The bike you are planning might be pushing these forks to their weight/performance limits.

Check out these forks...need a hub too...
http://www.amazon.com/DNM-USD-8-Mountain-Downhill-203mm/dp/B00M2GI2VO

/cheers

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I finally found the correct phase/hall sequence on Mxus 3000 + lyen 18fet controller tonight. At first I got 49mph in reverse unloaded and it was as quiet as heck. I ran it for about a minute, and the motor, phase wires weren't even hot. Anyhow, I had to swapped a few more phase/hall combo and got about 49mph running forward. I went for a test drive, and the front end just lift off. Top speed were around 42mph and it get there quick. I need to flip the handle bar upside down for a forward leaning position to prevent the front end from lifting up. Or reprogram it to low amperage.

I ended up flying across the lawn on the second test run about 2ft up in the air..

Anyhow, acceleration was about on par to a 212cc build with a gear ration of 12. But feels alot lighter and handle quite well.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
So that's where all the Multirotor Lipos went! Cool build! Way out of my league.

Add a set of straight or low rise bars and it will get your weight forward with out having to assume the racer position, unless that's what.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Sounds like a blast.
If that's a CA3 on your handle bars...you can set the throttle ramping slower so it wont do wheelies.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes, but at every stop light, would make too big of a scene. Lol

Already have a friendly officer paying attention. Saw me going at speed, then told me don't litter my cigarettes and slow down... I said yes sir.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I was pretty happy that it's the easiest build so far, but cost the most out of all my builds. Acceleration from 30 - 40mph was just awesome, and it is so quiet.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Not sure what throttle your using.

I was not liking the twitchy on/off feel of the last throttle I was using and it hurt my thumb.
My bike is lite enough it wanted to lift the front, not always when I wanted.

I switched over to a Magura 5k pot throttle, so much better.
http://holmeshobbies.com/Magura-Twistgrip-5k-throttle.html

It has a very linear input, smooth and very fine low speed control.
Way better feel than the standard resistance style throttles.

It does have a dead zone at the top and bottom, you can add resistors to compensate.

Hate to sound like your mother...I hope you wear a helmet.

Looks like fun
I need to build up a MXUS300 one of these days...
Have fun