99 gt lts full suspension project

GoldenMotor.com

scrxbandit

Jul 26, 2009
santa cruz
Soo i found a cool frame that might allow for a rear mount chain drive, which would be unique... I followed up through the forums and it just happens that the gt frame is prob the most popular full suspension build... The typical older model has a generic triangular frame, but im dealing with this futuristic sloped frame. Is there room to orient a 66cc right there between the frame and the wheel? would there be issues from the carb sloped slightly downward? this should all be to scale assuming its a 26" wheel, but am considering a 24" reduction if its not going to fit.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm not a fabricator, so I would probably mount the motor over the rear wheel.
I haven't seen an LTS with disk brakes and the curved seat tube before. Cool.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
That would be the perfect cross country bike if so inclined, I have a full suspension bike and I'm just waiting a while to put a engine on it with the belt drive. They say that the rack mounts are practically vibration free, the Cadillac's of the mbs. Let us know how it turns out, most guys don't care for the look of it, I think it's so European. The smoothness of its performance out weighs any ethic's in my opinion. The Bamabike guy has one of the rack mounts, belt drive and he rode 2500 miles from his home in Northern Alabama to Denver using only a little more than 12 gallons of gas (his video is on You Tube).

Last edited: