Clutch cable

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Actually the cable seems plenty long. You need to use the adjustable stop to find where the best starting point is. I personally took off that extra tensioning spring since the main clutch spring is plenty strong. I also spread the end of the clutch arm a little so I can slide the cable in and out without removing the stop. That way you can position the stop where you want it on the cable without dealing with the clutch arm. Otherwise it becomes a three handed job. Good luck!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah I agree, get rid of the "clutch spring" it is useless and actually had me misreading my clutch responses. The internal spring is more than enough and it helps you set your clutch much more acurately. I actually thought I got a Bum clutch setup when I got my kit, because when I was using the spring sometimes it would work and engage right and other times it just wouldn't I was adjusting it after every short ride. Once I realized I didn't need the damn spring, I set my clutch and haven't had to mess with it in month's.

shanefer

Jun 20, 2009
Arizona
I'm at this step now in installation, and it appears my 80cc kit is missing both springs it says it should have. Are you saying I may not need any springs, or just one of them?

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah the springs are not needed, the larger spring is a good idea because of the way the clutch cable is set along side the motor, but the other one is not needed and if you ask me is just a pain. Unless your clutch cable is seized then it will pull itself back out no need for the spring.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
The larger spring is for heat protection. It just keeps the engine from melting the plastic coating on the cable housing. You can get a suitable spring at any hardware store. The smaller return spring really isn't needed. It just makes your clutch harder to pull.