Dual brake lever install question

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
It doesn't make any difference which way you hook it up. Which ever way looks like it will work the best on that particular bike. I use the dual brake levers on all my bikes now.

John

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Either way will work just fine. The only question is about function and looks. I wouldn't build a motor bike without a dual brake lever.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
If you look closely you will see that one of the pulls engages slightly before the other. I think it is the one closest to the rider. I like to set it up so the rear brake engages first. Good luck!

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
If you look closely you will see that one of the pulls engages slightly before the other. I think it is the one closest to the rider. I like to set it up so the rear brake engages first. Good luck!
On mine the cables are one on top of the other. They pull at the same time. I keep front and back brakes real tight, I like to stop when I pull hard on 'em.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Both types pull both cables evenly. Adjust them how you like for your comfort; I'm a m/c guy so I like 60/40% (approx) fr/rear respectively!