Walmart Sale

GoldenMotor.com

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
Walmart in siloam Springs ar had bikes marked down to near give away so I couldn't resist. I bought a panama Jack and a 20 inch fat tire bike for 50 dollars each,I was tempted tp get a couple more bet we were in my wife's Ford Escape and just barely got the two in.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. When the Beast of Bentonville decides to clear out the old bikes you can get them awfully cheap.

I once bought my daughter a bike that was out front on clearance. A very basic Roadmaster mountain bike. For $20. Brand new.

Now that was at least 15 years ago. Still.....$20? I wondered if it was a joke.

The tubes and tires were worth that much.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
I've never seen any great deals on "clearance" items at W-Mart. The store near me has a couple of aisles specifically for clearance, but I couldn't see a difference in most cases. Sometimes an item is obviously a "return" with its package all taped up like crap, with a price not reduced enough at all to make it enticing. Now I stay away from the clearance aisle.

But just last week at wallyworld, right in the middle of a main aisle in mensware was a rack of sweatshirts on "clearance" for 4 dollars each. They were good quality, but all were fluorescent orange or green, and sized either medium or large. "Large" these days means less than 150 pounds, but these shirts looked bigger than most. I almost bought one, but figured if it says "clearance", something must be wrong with it.

To the point - if I see BIKES on clearance, I will probably reconsider!
Nobody can blame you for jumping on brand-new bikes for 50 bucks!
Put a motor on that fat-tire baby and make us proud!

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
What a friend of mine did he went out to the gardening and plant section at our local Walmart where they store the excess inventory. They had 3 or 4 of the same model, one with slight rust on the fenders and some on the handle bars, called the manager over and offered to take the "rusted " one off their hands for $50 , they took it. Since the fenders were removed anyway it was a pretty good find.

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
i'm trying to almost give away 3 bikes on cl , well 20 bucks for bikes I have greased and straightened out the wheels ,put on new brakes pads and adjusted.good riding bikes I decided not to put engines on. No interest at all.I'll probably have to do some frame modification on the little fat tire bike but I just couldn't resist it at that price.

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
i'm trying to almost give away 3 bikes on cl , well 20 bucks for bikes I have greased and straightened out the wheels ,put on new brakes pads and adjusted.good riding bikes I decided not to put engines on. No interest at all.I'll probably have to do some frame modification on the little fat tire bike but I just couldn't resist it at that price.
Update,everyone must be broke around here even at tax refund time.I was able to snag another bike after this sale has been going on a week.Its a Genesis 29 in. Hightide. Sold my Huffy so I'm ready to build again.

Attachments