I just bought a "silver slant" from king's motorbikes, and here is what I found

GoldenMotor.com

sheik480

Feb 4, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Hello and thank you for reading my first post! If you'd like to just read about the engine, please skip this first part.

I'm a college student in central Oregon majoring in mechanical engineering. I've been fascinated by all sorts of machines my entire life, especially engines. I'm a fan of two-strokes (and wankels) for their simplicity and elegance as well as the dragon hidden within the design. Most of my experience is from fooling with rc cars and old motorcycles. Because of this, I'm used to the cleanliness of American, German, and Japanese quality control, so I'm interested in how Chinese products will differ. Anyway, I look forward to many motor-bicycling adventures!

Called a "silver slant" on king's motorbikes, I purchased the engine based solely on its price: $109
I estimated that aside from buying a specifically assembled engine, it was mostly a crapshoot, so I wanted to get a running engine for as little as possible. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by a moderator:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
opinions differ on break in - I used to run 2 tanks of 16:1 then go to 32:1 - on current motors that I get, I'm running about a cup or 2 of 16:1 in tank, but adding a refill of 32:1 to that if the motor seems to be ready for it

I also oil bottom end bearings before first start.

46u

Feb 14, 2016
Georgia USA
I build motorcycle engines for a living not only putting them together but all so doing all the machine work for 40 plus years. Have many motors out there I built that have many miles on them with out a problem. The best way I like to break in a new motor is heat cycle including my RC motors I build for my 1/5 scale buggy.