New ride

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Hello guys, have not visited the site in a while but going to toss some thoughts out and see what you have to say. Since my bike was stolen and then recovered, in a mess, I sort of took the backseat so to speak. Now I would like to build another utilizing a four stroke engine. Be sort of a low rider but not slammed. Going to use quality parts such as sprockets , brakes and so on. What or whose eng would you recommend? HF 212 I know but not too much about the others. Throw some ideas out and let me look them over. Seems like things just keep getting better and better with this hobby . . Thanks for you time and will be looking back. Gary aka gphil. . .dance1

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
There are a lot of guys running HF 79's and 99's and are happy with them. Best part is the price $99 on sale. Do a search, and see what you can come up with.............Curt

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
If you are going with the larger "small" engines my favorite is the 97cc Lifan flathead. Its an upright engine and is very easy to fit into most common frames. Its also very torquey, smooth and will rev into the upper 4K range reliably. I have run 4 of these in different builds with out issues. They are getting harder to find however but in my opinion worth the search.

I have also run the small HF engines with good results and the price with the usual 20% off coupon is hard to beat!