huffy cranbrook hub adapter

GoldenMotor.com

jgd1127

Oct 13, 2015
dillsburg
I was wondering which size hub the huffy cranbrook has is it the 1.5 inch or larger or smaller or do you know what size hub sprocket adapter I would need to get thank you very much

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The only way to be sure that you're ordering the correct adapter is to measure your hub. You'll need an accurate caliper and take an accurate measurement.
With hub/sprocket adapters,'almost' won't do it. They have to be sized within thousands of an inch to fit and work correctly.

Because of inconsistancies in hubs installed on imported bikes no one can tell you what size hub you have with assurance. You'll have to measure it to be certain.

Some aftermarket adapters are offered with shims but even then they must be sized for the hub being used.

Tom

jgd1127

Oct 13, 2015
dillsburg
Do you know of anywhere that has good cheap adapters and a cheap reliable accurate caliper I'm pretty sure calipers are exspensive

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd stay away fromdiscount tool suppliers for a cheap caliper. I made the mistake of buying one for $20.00 from them that wouldn't read the same twice in a row and saw 2" as 1.49". It went in the trash.

If you have a machine shop near you take it to them and let them measure your hub.
Don't trust discount tool stores for accuracy.

Tom