Not reaching top speed

GoldenMotor.com

thirdorangutan

Mar 19, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey guys! Long time, and I have a question. My back wheel is completely warped. It is so bent and wobbly. I think it is because the rear sprocket messing with the spokes. If theres any way to fix it give me a shout. I have a Micargi pantera and can't seem to find anywhere to get a replacement wheel. If y'all know of any places I could get a spare back 26 inch micargi beach cruiser wheel I'd love to hear. Thanks, Ted.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
more likely due to the speed at which potholes are hit when a motor is involved, but if you can't straighten it with a spoke wrench, I'd just get one of the cheap coaster brake wheels with the 12 gauge spokes

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
more likely due to the speed at which potholes are hit when a motor is involved, but if you can't straighten it with a spoke wrench, I'd just get one of the cheap coaster brake wheels with the 12 gauge spokes
I agree.

Replace it with a wheel master 12ga spoke wheel preferably with the Shimano E110 hub and you'll have a better wheel than the bike came with for about $60-$70 most places Ive seen them.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've had good results with the $29 taiwan 12gauge wheels for customers, but I hate coasters so use huffy fresno bikes that come with 12 gauge 7-speed wheels & whole bike is $139 for my builds.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Hey guys! Long time, and I have a question. My back wheel is completely warped. It is so bent and wobbly. I think it is because the rear sprocket messing with the spokes. If theres any way to fix it give me a shout. I have a Micargi pantera and can't seem to find anywhere to get a replacement wheel. If y'all know of any places I could get a spare back 26 inch micargi beach cruiser wheel I'd love to hear. Thanks, Ted.
Ive got a brand new Micargi Mustang rear wheel available. If interested, let me know.

Dead66

May 11, 2016
Pawleys Island
Also, I removed the end cap from the muffler. This motor has only been run for MAYBE and hour. There were some large deposits of carbon floating at the bottom in the end cap. Like on of them was close to 1/2" X 1/4". Is this normal?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I once opened a muffler that didn't seem to flow well - found a piece of the plastic packing burned into its top opening - was lucky that it came out when I sloshed gas thru it.

Dead66

May 11, 2016
Pawleys Island
Anybody still here?

I am using an NT Speed Carb that came with my Ozark Cruisers Kit for my PK80

I have opened my muffler, changed to a NGK B6HS, and changed the spark plug boot to a clip on style instead of the spring. I have also moved my main needle adjustment to where the clip is one away from the most lean setting. I am getting better performance but not completely tuned yet either...

I am using a milled, aluminum intake billet (I think that is what it is called. It connects the Carb to the motor). I read someone said they used the stock, z intakes with their NT Speed Carb. Should I go back to that?

Also, the brass tube that connects to the fuel line and is pressed into the carb fell out yesterday. I stuck it back in and rode home. It appears there is nothing to hold it in there? Is there something I can do to prevent this?