Small Engines cold air and Performace.

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My point exactly... it don't matter if it's a big 18 wheeler or a sub compact, motorcycle or chainsaw, liquid cooled, or air cooled, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, there's no reason to sweat over what plugs you got installed or what jets you got installed, once the engine is tuned it'll run in all 4 seasons.
So a little RC engine will not care from winter to summer? Beg to differ just a bit here. 50cc on down smaller gets a bit of attitude IME.

My fifty cc Morini needs a slight air fuel change over here from July to January. The plug stays the same in that motor for me however. With a 21mm carby I got the hottest plug in it I can get away with at my elevation. Runs great tho plenty of power on a cold winter day. Kinda freaky on power from summer.

u2smile

Mar 27, 2014
Gulf coast
Thank all for the input, it was a feeling that the engine was not doing all that it could, and the engine was fine. I am going to cover the front of the engine under the carb on this 31cc HS 4 stroke on an FD that should hold in some heat and not cook the head.
I am still pondering a means to strip water off the tire on a FD bike using what it there the channel QR I see a U shaped thing with rubber squeege, or sponge.
Any thoughts.