Have any of you ever taken your bike across country?

GoldenMotor.com

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Just a thought but for a marathon ride, 4 smokes are a wee bit easier on the body and hands. LOL, well ya stop vibrating a lil quicker anyway.

But a 4 stroke, inframe is not some thing ya wanna pedal any distance, if any at all. Even with the chain off, it is not fun.

(2 & 4 smokes. Medical MotorBiking)
It will just get you ripped right? Really make you appreciate the pulling power of that anchor? Build all sorts of intense character ? ;3

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Just a thought but for a marathon ride, 4 smokes are a wee bit easier on the body and hands. LOL, well ya stop vibrating a lil quicker anyway.

But a 4 stroke, inframe is not some thing ya wanna pedal any distance, if any at all. Even with the chain off, it is not fun.

(2 & 4 smokes. Medical MotorBiking)
An old trick for bikes that have vibe problems in the bars is to fill the bar with steel or lead shot and seal off the ends, this does add weight to the bike but it can make even the buzzyest bars feel dead smooth on your hands, another trick is to use those cheap thick foam grips, or do both.
To help cure seat vibes, a solid seat post and a good comfortable seat like the cloud 9 work well together. A regular tube seat post can also be capped off and filled with steel or lead shot.
Other stuff that can work is sliding some heavy bar stock into the bar ends, this can be steel, brass, or lead and needs to fit either well enough that it cant rattle inside the end of the bar or stuff with rtv to take up any unused space, sand filling the bras would also work as long as you got a way to cap it off and keep it in there... basically any way to add weight to the bars will dampen out most if not all the vibes.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Semaj. Ever notice every thing that builds character sucks at the time?

====================================

One of the best hand vibe solutions I have found costs 8 bucks at HF. Fingerless gloves for operating jack hammers and such. They have a pocket of sand in the palms and work wonders. Really great idea for long rides and can attest they stop hand road rash for sliding face down in the super man pose. win/win there.

Now the "Hand-Jive" song is stuck in my head. Only it's hand "vibe"

"While chopping wood, I move my legs, and I started dancin' while I gathered eggs
Bowed and clapped, I was only five
And I danced 'em all, he's born to hand-VIBE

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah - everybody

Born to hand-vibe, baby, born to hand-vibe, baby - yeah

How low can you go, how low can you go, how low can you go, how low can you go

Higher, higher, higher and higher
Now can you hand-vibe, baby, oh can you hand-vibe, baby
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, born to hand-VIBE, oh yeah..."

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Here is a fun shot of the Worlds largest 6 pack in Lacrosse WI.
Old Style brewery! I was near that town for a short time, and visited the place. Rumor had it that the owners son was caught drinking Guinness Extra Stout, so the old man brewed up something similar. It was available at the brewery, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere else. It was pretty good, more like Sam Adams Cream Stout, but it brought me back for a second tasting- I mean tour.