Maytag 4 sale

GoldenMotor.com

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
I have a Maytag twin for sale. It appears to be in or close to original condition.(After receiving further info on this motor, it appears to be a later model with an early magneto, so its is definitely NOT in original condition. Still an excellent little engine.) I was saving it for a bike, but I think its time to let it go. I did a video of it running, https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ldDeW7B6yFk I figure I would list here before ebay, $300 + shipping.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Looks like a great runner and a decent price too! Appears to be a later model, if you post the serial# off the flywheel I can tell you what year it is. Slowly working along on my build hope to ride it soon.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The Serial# indicates a build between Dec. 1937 and Jan. 1938. I have a 1937 that was built in August in the first run, its 810607, it appears all original, but who can really say. These things sometimes get to be composites of parts over the years. My build is based on a Jan. 1948 engine, it appears very original and little used. Hate to see you not do a build around it, but hope it finds a home in a bike. That seems more fun for it than say churning ice cream.

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Thanks for the info. Its a great little engine, and runs great, for me to use it I would have to modify it with a carb and don't have the heart to do that to it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
As long as you keep the original parts, I don't think the engine would mind.
You can always change your mind after a few years of enjoyment!

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Yeah I agree with maniac, it can easily be converted to a small carb with the governor removed, and just as easily returned to stock. These engines are just about as simple as it gets. Im running mine dead stock at a constant rpm and will be trimming the air knob while underway. Hope some one on the forum will buy it and do a build thread. Be nice to keep it in the community so to speak.

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
As long as you keep the original parts, I don't think the engine would mind.
You can always change your mind after a few years of enjoyment!
After finding out some more info on the engine (listed it above) I may convert it,,,,a 1921 Harley looking beast. But... that a maybe as I do have other engines that need frames too!

Last edited:

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Yeah I agree with maniac, it can easily be converted to a small carb with the governor removed, and just as easily returned to stock. These engines are just about as simple as it gets. Im running mine dead stock at a constant rpm and will be trimming the air knob while underway. Hope some one on the forum will buy it and do a build thread. Be nice to keep it in the community so to speak.
Do you have a pic of your bike? Is it posted? Thanks for all the info you provided cb2

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, that would be so cool in a stout frame with shaft drive like a boxer.

Getting the pedals to work would be a nightmare