Anyone on here affiliated with BikeBerry.com?

GoldenMotor.com

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
I purchased a expansion chamber w/ muffler and a couple of master links for spare parts. And I have yet to receive them. I called the 800 number and was told that the master links were out of stock at the time I placed my order and so my order was not shipped.

Just makes me a bit nervous that I wasn't informed of this until I inquired. I thought it was pretty piss poor customer service.

I was also informed that my order would be filled that day (this past friday) and that a new tracking number would be emailed to me. It wasnt/hasnt been sent.
Which just makes me even more nervous.

Anyone else have good/bad relations with this company??

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I had nothing but trouble from bikeberry. Lost or broken parts...run around on tracking, wrong parts when finally shipped.
I gave up and now buy from ebay.
Over 25 kits and counting from rose326a and mingsinternational (same vendor) with only two bad coils (replaced free)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I purchased a expansion chamber w/ muffler and a couple of master links for spare parts. And I have yet to receive them. I called the 800 number and was told that the master links were out of stock at the time I placed my order and so my order was not shipped.

Just makes me a bit nervous that I wasn't informed of this until I inquired. I thought it was pretty piss poor customer service.

I was also informed that my order would be filled that day (this past friday) and that a new tracking number would be emailed to me. It wasnt/hasnt been sent.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, hav heard of others having same experience, thats what has kept me from ordering anything from them, just way to much bad press for me to feel comfortable buying from them..

Map

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
If the above is actually the case, then why is their ad the largest one here? Should there maybe be a warning banner attached to it?

Seems we get a lot of noobs here that might just click the biggest ad first.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
If the above is actually the case, then why is their ad the largest one here? Should there maybe be a warning banner attached to it?

Seems we get a lot of noobs here that might just click the biggest ad first.
I resemble that remark... LOL

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
I went through Bike Berry for two 48cc kits and had no problem other than a couple parts missing from the kit that they had to me within a week of a call. No complaints here.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I went through Bike Berry for two 48cc kits and had no problem other than a couple parts missing from the kit that they had to me within a week of a call. No complaints here.
Thats good that you had a good experience, I cant complain about them from experience since I hw ve never bought from them, I just base who I deal with on the testimony of others and when I hear the same stories from several people over a period of time I tend to be a bit leary to do business with the company in question.

I have dealt a few time with other vendors which hqve had some bad press on here and I had no teouble at all but I never had a customer service experience with them so I cant really say if that is good or not.

Anyway, glad to hear your purchase went smooth.

Map
.wee.

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com

Hey there, Jack from Bikeberry.com here. First of all , I'm very sorry to hear that you had any issues at all with your order and another apology is in order for the delayed response to this post (fastest means of response is by email, phone or live chat).

I hope your order problems have been taken care of by now, but in case it has not, please feel free to contact me directly at 1800-317-0479 x101. (I noticed that you are in Canada, in which case you will have to call our local number at (714) 242-4540 x101). We're open Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM PST.

Allow me to address some of the issues you pointed out and let you know the steps that we have taken to address those issues. Regarding the out of stock merchandise, if by chance the product that you purchased has gone out of stock, we do everything we can to inform you as soon as possible. We found that email notifications are the best means to inform our customers of out of stock merchandise. However, what we found is that sometimes our emails will get filtered into a junk or spam mail folders with some email service providers. And in some cases, our emails will get rejected entirely. Unfortunately, when this happens we are not notified by the email service providers so we don't know to contact you directly by phone. We've contacted most of the major email providers to ensure that our emails are not filtered into junk or spam but unfortunately, it's not fail proof and will still happen on occasion, for that I'm really sorry. I wish that we had more control over that.

Now for the good news, As of last month we have integrated a real time inventory management feature on our website. This means that if an item goes out of stock, you will know at the time of purchase. In most cases, the backorder time is just a few days so you will still be able to place the order but our systems will inform you that your order will be on backorder for a limited time.

Again, thank you again for your business and letting us know of these kind of problems. It is only by knowing of these problems that we can take action to correct them so none of our other customers are inconvenience in any way. I trust that the problem has been resolved (I don't have your order number or name otherwise I would love to check for you), but again if it has not please do contact me right away and I'll be sure to get you taken care of right away.

Thank you!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey there, Jack from Bikeberry.com here. First of all , I'm very sorry to hear that you had any issues at all with your order and another apology is in order for the delayed response to this post (fastest means of response is by email, phone or live chat).

I hope your order problems have been taken care of by now, but in case it has not, please feel free to contact me directly at 1800-317-0479 x101. (I noticed that you are in Canada, in which case you will have to call our local number at (714) 242-4540 x101). We're open Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM PST.

Allow me to address some of the issues you pointed out and let you know the steps that we have taken to address those issues. Regarding the out of stock merchandise, if by chance the product that you purchased has gone out of stock, we do everything we can to inform you as soon as possible. We found that email notifications are the best means to inform our customers of out of stock merchandise. However, what we found is that sometimes our emails will get filtered into a junk or spam mail folders with some email service providers. And in some cases, our emails will get rejected entirely. Unfortunately, when this happens we are not notified by the email service providers so we don't know to contact you directly by phone. We've contacted most of the major email providers to ensure that our emails are not filtered into junk or spam but unfortunately, it's not fail proof and will still happen on occasion, for that I'm really sorry. I wish that we had more control over that.

Now for the good news, As of last month we have integrated a real time inventory management feature on our website. This means that if an item goes out of stock, you will know at the time of purchase. In most cases, the backorder time is just a few days so you will still be able to place the order but our systems will inform you that your order will be on backorder for a limited time.

Again, thank you again for your business and letting us know of these kind of problems. It is only by knowing of these problems that we can take action to correct them so none of our other customers are inconvenience in any way. I trust that the problem has been resolved (I don't have your order number or name otherwise I would love to check for you), but again if it has not please do contact me right away and I'll be sure to get you taken care of right away.

Thank you!
Just a word of good advice........call the customer FIRST, then email them. Your business relies on customers.....do what is right!

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Hey;

Thanks for the reply Jack!! Albeit late...just like your shipping!!! haha jk!!

I am new to these lil 2hp screaming of fury bicycles; and to making purchases online. I was a lil nervous because of my novice experience. After the expected shipping/receiving date had come and gone; I became more nervous.

I have received my order and a happy with the product. I got the banana x pipe w/ muffler and a few master links. Bolted right on with no problems. I had to heat and bend the stock pipe to clear the pedal.

All in all I paid close to a hundred dollars for everything. I believe the shipping costs were more than the purchase.(BS)

I will probably stick to Canadian based websites for any future purchases. Just for the fact of cheaper shipping.

Thx again....peace.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Hey there, Jack from Bikeberry.com here. First of all , I'm very sorry to hear that you had any issues

I hope your order problems have been taken care of by now, but in case it has not, please feel free to contact me directly.........

Now for the good news, As of last month we have integrated a real time inventory management feature on our website. This means that if an item goes out of stock, you will know at the time of purchase.........

Again, thank you again for your business and letting us ......
........ contact me right away and I'll be sure to get you taken care of right away.

Thank you!

It's hard to fault a response like this. I don't even fault the so-called tardiness of the response. I suppose that these vendors, after all, are not Fortune 500 companies with an army of clerks. Most of them are likely one guy. Or two. And most are probably not at this full-time; they have some other way of actually making their living that demands a good deal of their attention.

I had wondered why the order page did not advise the OP that one of the items was out of stock. The answer is that Bike Berry was using software that was a bit behind the times. Now that's been fixed.

And they shouldn't have to go to the telephone first. That's a semi-obsolete form of communication these days. At least it's obsolete for merely conveying some little bit of information.

If we place an order and don't see an immediate response in our inbox, then we should check our spam folder. It's not that hard to do. To be fair, this might not have occurred to me before reading this thread. But now we know.

I'm willing to bet that a vendor who spends a bit of money to advertise, and then keeps on doing so, is not likely to take money and not ship or send garbage, etc,. It just doesn't make sense.

Good job, Jack.

As it happens, I ordered a magneto from Bike Berry not ten minutes before finding this thread. I haven't looked in my inbox, or spam, yet. But I'll bet it'll be smooth sailing.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Wait a minute......things are getting a bit weird.

I just looked in my inbox and found order confirmations from both BikeBerry and Spooky Tooth. Same item, same order #.

I don't mind if they are the same folks using two different names. But I'll have to watch out for double-charging.

Beansgotanewbike

Mar 25, 2013
illinois
i bought my first motor(still is) from them and i dont have any complaints..ive put over 500 miles on it..its not running currently due to leak diagnostic probs haha but overall they gave me what they said in the video they sent with it.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wait a minute......things are getting a bit weird.

I just looked in my inbox and found order confirmations from both BikeBerry and Spooky Tooth. Same item, same order #.

I don't mind if they are the same folks using two different names. But I'll have to watch out for double-charging.
Send them a text....maybe they'll text back.