2 stoke engine doesn't crank.

GoldenMotor.com

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
I got this used engine and need some expert advice. Anyhow I can't get the engine to turn over fully using the spark plug tool on the sprocket. I can see the piston threw the exhaust port move up and down but when the piston goes all the way down the piston gets stuck and won't complete a full cycle. I also hear some sort of clicking sound then the piston hits the bottom. I tied to pour a little oil threw the spark plug hole and no luck and on top of that the clutch was slipping. Anyways this leads me to something in the bottom end of the engine is messed up. I was just wondering what the problem could be and see if it's worth fixing. Thanks.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
open the magneto cover & clutch cover

turn engine by turning the shaft on the magneto side

look for debris that may be in the clutch gear if it doesn't turn fully

you *should* be able to see if it is something stuck in the drive train or if it is in the bottom end itself

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
there is no debris in the gears and all the teeth on the gears are still intact.

I tried to turn the MAGNETO MAGNET and still no luck. I gotta take that off to get to the shaft right? Maybe then it will work. I don't want to force it.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
there is no debris in the gears and all the teeth on the gears are still intact.

I tried to turn the MAGNETO MAGNET and still no luck. I gotta take that off to get to the shaft right? Maybe then it will work. I don't want to force it.
Your crankshaft bearings are probably seized or the bearing cage
has disintegrated.

Might as well pull the head and cylinder off to see if there is any
damage there, then split the cases.

Do you have the special puller tool that removes the 10 tooth
sprocket, clutch and bevel gear?

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Your crankshaft bearings are probably seized or the bearing cage
has disintegrated.

Might as well pull the head and cylinder off to see if there is any
damage there, then split the cases.

Do you have the special puller tool that removes the 10 tooth
sprocket, clutch and bevel gear?
I don't have any puller tools.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Send me a PM and I'll give you my address so you can send me a sase which I will use to send you a puller free.