censoring thought

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
...you don't need to apologize, you are entitled to your opinion as i am entitled to mine.

bozo
I'm not apologizing bozo...

Scratch that, I am apologizing now, I can see that all attempts that have been made to clear the air of the injustice that was rained down on someone for no good reason has been a futile attempt, and that pride and arrogance has reigned supreme in this thread, so for my efforts to help bring some light into the room and explain why those things were out of line and unjust to the person they were hurled at, I humbly apologize and officially bow out of this conversation.

Honestly I'm just being whiny and talking like a complete moron who has not a single bit of sense, we gotta know when to hold-em and know when to fold-em and fellas.... its way past time to fold-em for me here.

Now back to my ideas on how I'm gonna build my next gas tank and a possible engine mount design I'm thinking of along with a different idea I had this morning on how I might make my next chain tensioner..... wow I'm feeling better already!

Just gotta get this workshop finished so I can get back to working on the bikes and my ideas.

Nuff said, Map over and out!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
There is always room for misunderstandings; someone saying something meaning one thing and it is taken another way. Someone is offended and pretty soon a flame is going. I have little interest is such negative drama. I come here for sharing about motorbicycles. Often to maintain a sense of community we refrain from stating every negative thought which comes to mind. Sometimes people say things here which offend me. I tend to leave those people alone and not read their threads.

What are moderators? How much to they get paid for their work here? What kind of hours do they put in? Answer? They don't get paid anything. They are asked to serve and they give of their time, their consideration for the rest of us and for the love of motor bicycling. I for one appreciate their efforts on my behalf. And I don't expect them to be perfect or for the site to be just exactly the way I want it to suit me best. And yet... this is the best community on the internet I have been privileged to be a part of.

There was a competing site at one time which became notoriously negative and many members were banned for minor "offenses". The moderators truly were high handed and the site suffered for it. Many of you know what I'm referring to.

I have served as a moderator on another site having nothing to do with motor bicycling and I can say from experience that it is a thankless, time consuming service and some of the people are very difficult to work with. I'm glad we have people here willing to moderate and who do a pretty darned good job of keeping this place somewhere I'm comfortable being. Each of you has my thanks. I have learned so much here, made so many friends. If errors are made I would prefer them to be on the side of keeping this forum civilized and positive. I don't expect anybody to be perfect. I'm certainly not. Carry on...
SB

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm a manager in a 'big box' store. I deal with confrontation on a daily basis --- whether with associates or customers. I've come to realize that sometimes you just can't reach common ground on some issues. I used to 'stew' about it. Now, I just try to reach a zen place and agree to disagree. I understand that I can't completely see the same issue from the other person's side.

Sure, I've got the right to free speech --- on my time and in my space.......not in my employer's time and space. The same goes in this forum......it's not my space, and I'm gonna present myself in a way that allows me to hang out here. I like most of the 'characters' in this little slice life!!

Good luck to everyone in achieving what they want outa life!