Nice running HS 142F engine

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
For Sale: Nice running HS142F 49cc Four stroke HuaShung engine. I thought I’d list this for sale here on the forum before putting it out on ebay. On ebay I’d get whatever I can for it, but in house here I’ll let it go for $100.00 not including actual shipping costs. (Probably around $25.00).

I ran this for about a year and a half before switching to a bigger motor. I'm guessing it has no more than 500 miles on it. Cared for, these motors go for a long, long time. I added a canoe sidecar to my bike and needed more power for the additional drag and weight. The motor starts easily, runs smoothly and never gave me any trouble at all. This would make a great replacement motor (keep it as a spare) or use this instead of buying a brand new one. I see on Pirate Cycle they are listed at 169.00. This one will run just like new. I ran this in conjunction with a Q-matic transmission which is not included and is not for sale.

As you see it in the photos I removed the ugly plastic shroud and made one for it of metal which looks much better. This conversion is documented on the thread…
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=24275&page=3
…which was an experiment at the time and now a number of members have done the same. My tin shroud doesn't look as spiffy as when I first made it, but you could either accept it as it is and call it patina, paint it or use it as a pattern to make a new one from a coffee can. Or if you like ugly red plastic I have saved the original shroud, metal heat shields and mounting bolts (in the plastic bags in the photos). You can choose to pay for a bigger box and have it shipped with the motor or choose not to and save a little money. Your call.

This runs like new and was cared for. I would not sell anyone a bum motor. That would not be cool. When I ship this I will have drained the oil. NO OIL. So, remember to put some oil in it before you start it up.
Silverbear

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Old Silverbear isn't thinking straight. Got mixed up with my 2 strokes which I run with Opti 2. Oops. I've been aware of Opti 4 for the 4 strokes, but never saw it for sale anywhere I am. Thanks for catching that. I just edited out the bit about opti-2.
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Bump... I still have this engine. Dropping the price to $95.00 minus shipping. Good running engine. I need to sell this so I can buy a used carburetor for my 98cc Villiers Midget.
SB