Motor Locking Up

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 2, 2017
California
Let's say..... if you're going like maximum speed and the motor locks up on you, wouldn't the rear tire lock up and throw you over the handle bars? I'm starting to get scared about riding fast now with this thought in my head. Has this happen to any of you guys?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Anything can happen!!! That's why we all urge new guys to concentrate more on safety, properly maintaining their bike & having good brakes before trying to make their bikes go faster! ;)

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Well, if the rear tire locks you don't go over the handle bars. You go in to a skid, then crash.

Think you're safer in a car? I've seen a car almost go over a bridge because it was traveling down the bridge when a tir rod end snapped. This caused the car to steer uncontrollably towards the right. Anything can happen. Not that it will, but it can.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
If you have good clutch-discipline, you can avoid this situation. Clutching should be a reflex; in any emergency situation, you should be pulling that clutch!

Now, if your CHAIN gets stuck, that's another situation altogether. There's no way to free the wheel there, and you'll most likely drop the bike.